Serama Hatching

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chick_chic, Sep 19, 2010.

1. chick_chic

chick_chic Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2010
    I'm sure that this question has been asked plenty of times but I was wondering about hatching serama eggs that I should be getting. What should the temp be-I have hatched eggs before just not chicken eggs. Is it the same how you stop turning them 3 days before the hatch and does the temp change then. (what exactly is a lockdown) and what should the temp and humidity be during hatching and brooding. Sorry for all the questions but I have been seeing different answers so wanted to see some input from here, THANKS!

2. chick_chic

chick_chic Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2010
    so im assuming that its the same as a reg chicken hatch which is like 100.5 correct

3. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Yes, hatching serama eggs is essentially the same as hatching any other chicken eggs! The only differences are that: Seramas are a bit difficult to hatch, it's good to start lockdown a day or two earlier than in most chickens because serama eggs sometimes hatch early (day nineteen or twenty), and personally I'm very careful with humidity in serama hatches. During most of the incubation period, I leave my humidity at 20-30%, and during lockdown I raise it to 40-50% but not more than that.

Good luck! Seramas are a wonderful breed. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by