Serama hen-IDK what's wrong

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by TheFarmMama, May 17, 2010.

1. TheFarmMama

TheFarmMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Stafford, VA
    My Serama hen is acting funny on me now too. When they arrived they were COVERED in lice so I treated them with this incredibly effective salt/Dawn bath then poultry dust-immediate results and never had to re-treat. It has been over 3 weeks now but today I noticed she's sleeping alot so I checked her again. Nothing. She ate some mealworms but I haven't seen her drink or eat her food. She just stays hunkered down and sleeps until you go to mess with her at which point she'll make her little annoyed noise and walk around for a minute but then goes and lays back down again. Is it possible that given the condition she was in there is some sort of internal parasite or something that could be ailing her? Her poop hasn't looked abnormal and the roo that she was sent/roosts with is acting completely normal. I did hear a little like clicking kind of noise when she was breathing while I held her earlier-like a stuffy nose when you can hear the mucus block as you breath in or out-so I put some VetRX under her wings and on her nose. I've had my hands full with issues this time around with all the new chicks and now these two and I'm getting pretty overwhelmed. I'm stuck worrying nonstop right now-please help [​IMG]

2. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    I wonder if the infestation of lice might have caused her to become anemic? I really don't know, just a thought.

3. TheFarmMama

TheFarmMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2009
    Stafford, VA
    Maybe but she's not seeming to be any more pale in the face or comb/wattles

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by