Serama rooster

RikkiMaxine

In the Brooder
May 27, 2020
Does anyone have a serama rooster with other regular sized hens? Is the serama able to successfully mate with them? I've looked all over and haven't found an answer.

I have had bantam roosters successfully breed full sized hens, but I doubt that a Serama is able to get the job done because of his small size.
That's what I was thinking. That because of size it just wouldnt work. I have various different sized chickens. I have bantam but also brahmas.

I had a serama rooster in a mixed flock. He was unable to mate with the LF hens ( and they wouldn't squat for him anyway). He mated his serama wife though and tidbitted for all the hens, watched the sky for hawks and sounded the alarm etc. He behaved like any rooster and seemed not to realise he was so tiny!

I had a serama rooster in a mixed flock. He was unable to mate with the LF hens ( and they wouldn't squat for him anyway). He mated his serama wife though and tidbitted for all the hens, watched the sky for hawks and sounded the alarm etc. He behaved like any rooster and seemed not to realise he was so tiny!
Thank you for your input! Did you only have one serama hen with him? Was she too roughed up by him? I have one serama pullet and wondering if the situation will be peaceful with it being them being the only two seramas in the flock

Back
Top Bottom