serama/sebright cross chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by laughingllama75, Oct 24, 2008.

1. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    Here are some pics of my serama/sebright cross chicks. they have rose combs, and they are only about 4 inches tall. they are about 7 weeks old, I believe. Not planned, but cute as heck. My cochin bantam chicks that are the same age are 3 times bigger than these guys. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. L&Schickens

L&Schickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    Washington State
    They are sooo cute! I ahve some in the incubator right now. I can't wait for them to hatch. We should start a new breed! They could be Bright Ramas! [​IMG]

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    7 weeks?! Then they are tiiiiiiiiiiny! Mine just turned 7 weeks and are fully feathered already. I even have pure sebrights from Ideal. They can already fly very well too! So cute though!

4. Chicken Cluck

Chicken Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    I'd have to admit, those chicks are sooooo cute! Good Luck! [​IMG]

5. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    They are adorable![​IMG]

6. laughingllama75

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    thanks everyone! I think they are pretty darn cute mayself. Like I said, not a planned breeding, but they are all I have left of my Serama, Buckshot ( as a "friend's" dog killed him) last month. I plan on getting more serama in the spring, I absolutley LOVE the breed. [​IMG]

7. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    omg how cute....i want seramas

8. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

wow; your mini-peeps are adorable! they don't look much bigger than the marshmallow peeps! SO cute!

9. bahamas

bahamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2010
    great pics . Although this thread s old anyone have pics of grown up birds.??

10. laughingllama75

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    I don't, as I lost all 3.....it was just "failure to thrive". they made it to about 6 months old then, within 3 weeks all 3 were dead. they stayed so tiny.....all about 8 0z. I will see if I can dig up a picture in a few. Ok, found em. now, that cage they are in is a 12"H, 24" long x 18wide. see how tiny they are? and they were about 5 months old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by