Serama, Serama bantam cross chicks, 9/29/2016

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by spiritbrook, Oct 1, 2016.

1. spiritbrook

spiritbrook Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2015
    Southern Oregon Coast
    Serama, Serama Bantam cross chicks, hatched 9/29/2016 and a few since. All are black and white mottled. Some are frizzle. Serama dad, black & white mottled frizzle. Serama mom, black & white mottled (normal feathers) Bantam mom, red (normal feathers) Selling for pets, not resale. Will deliver (not ship) in Oregon or Northern California or you can pick them up. No shipping. I can't have any more roosters, their dad is "rooster" enough, if you know what I mean.

Parents: http://webpaws.net/gallery/index.php?/category/62

Is has been over a month and I still have the lot. I changed the shipping as they are older and I don't want to traumatize them. I am more than willing to meet people half way. Pet wise the part bred hens would be better than the purebreds as they will be more durable living outside, although my Seramas live mostly outside free range during the daylight except during the worse weather. The Serama hen is a house chicken, even coming through the open window to lay her eggs then hoping back outside to join the others. She sleeps with the other two reluctantly and usually ends up in the house for the night (in a Serama sized dog crate)

The Serama breakdown is 3 frizzle (1 roo), 2 silkie, 1 normal, all are black and white mottled. The part-bred chicks are 3 normal, 3 frizzle, possibly 2 of the frizzle are roos, but not for sure yet. 2 are dark colored, the rest are black and white mottled. I will probably keep the dark (looking to be brown) normal hen and perhaps the dark frizzle (probably hen) who will also be dark brown unless someone really wants her. With the purebreds, all except the roosters are spoken for.

UPDATE (11/13/2016) Now I'm in trouble with hubby. These 10 week old roosters are starting to crow. :( Their father started at 7 months so I thought I had some time. Now I really need homes for a couple garden roosters. Is there a way to move this to the correct place?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  2. Buddha bantam

Buddha bantam New Egg

Sep 27, 2016
    I don't suppose you ship to TN?

3. spiritbrook

spiritbrook Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2015
    Southern Oregon Coast
    No, I think it might be too cold now anyway.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by