Songster
Dec 19, 2016
Cassville Missouri
Glenda Heywood
On my acebook page I just learned abut the NEW IDEA IN SHOWING SERAMA'S
Which is getting going great
TABEL TOP SHOWING OF SERAM'S
can sone enter the judging of tese birds as I can't read the card
1. PLEASE HELP E UNDERTAND WHAT A SERAMA IS JUDGED ON IN TABEL TOP JUDGING?

1. TYPE IS
2. CHEST IS
3 TAIL IS

4 WINGS IS
5 LEGS IS
6 APPEARANCE IS

7. CHARACTER IS
8. PERFOEMACE IS

ny help is appreciated

HOW DOES ONE TRAINA SERAMA TO PERFORM ON HTABEL WITH ONOKERS AOUND MAKIG NOISE?

I can help you out! When a serama is doing table top judging, there is two different ways. ASA (American Serama Association) is where you take your serama and place them on a table in front of the judge. You have a few chances to "pose" your bird in the correct formation where the judge would stare at it, before touching it and start judging your bird. In SCNA (Serama Council of North America), they judge their birds VERY differently compared to ASA. In SCNA, you have to toss your bird onto a green table and step back behind the line that the judge has created. The judge would stand by and watch 4-6 seramas at a time and judge them by how they perform on the their "stage" as I like to call it.

Now to the score card:

Type: This is the color. Does your bird have nice color for what you registered it as? If it is a black, then their should be no leakage. If it a pumpkin, does it have a brown body, black main tail and a orange neck with no added colors?

Chest: This is where the serama has to show off the classic 'apple' chest. The rooster/hen/pullet/cockerel has to throw their head back far and pouf out their chest like they are the biggest, meanest thing in the entire town! The more chest their is, the higher the points!

Tail: This is where the judge judges how the tail is formed. The tail can not be tilted and have to be straight up and down with the body. The feathers have to be full with two sickle feathers that stick straight up in the air. The tail also has to be at a 90 degree angle and not pinched. Pinched is where the feathers are together and not separated in a V shape form when looking at the tail above.

Wings: Seramas have specific ways they have to hold their wings depending on what they are. The dragon serama usually have to have their wings set a little past their legs almost like they are trying to stick their wings straight out in front of them but are unable to because of their anatomy. Traditional seramas have to have their wings straight down, covering the legs from people's eyes when they are being looked at by the side view. The entire body has to make a V shape in Traditional seramas.

Legs: Serama legs have to be orange/yellow but it tends to fluctuate with what color the bird is. Right now, Black seramas are okay to have black legs or black legs with orange pads. So this is judged on how the judge believes how a serama should look like.

Appearance: Your serama should not have a rough appearance. If the serama is smooth, it should not have curls in the feathers or broken feathers/bald spots. Frizzles should not have bald spots and must have curls on each feather as well as wings with curled feathers (as sometimes they have no feathers in wings). Silkied seramas must not have any bald spots either.

Character: This is how the body is formed overall and the judge looks for anything off, like a long back or too short of shanks.

Performance: Your bird should be on his table and showing off how he/she is the most prettiest one of them all. They should be flapping their wings, crowing, strutting around, communicating, scratching, doing anything to catch the judges eye without flying at the judge (One of my hens spooked when the judge came up behind her and she did just that. First time she jumped off, and didn't do it again so she was not DQ). You have two strikes if your bird jumps off the table, the second (last) one is where the judge asks you politely to put your bird away. If your bird flies on another bird's table and attempts to attack the other's bird, it is an automatic DQ.

To train a serama with sound.. Well, I never did. Your serama should do it from the breeding, but sound does make them get pumped up and excited EXPECIALLY when it's from you. If you are with your birds as much as possible and get them used to you, your voice, your claps, then that is all the sound they need. I do not do anything fancy, I just bound with them and let them do their thing.

I hope this helped you out!

lot of info on google jus searhc for tabletop judge serma chicken

info long so dont watn copy paste like u do
smile.png

there utube vids to

http://www.seramacouncilofnorthamer...ing/serama-standard-and-tabletop-judging.html
http://www.seramacouncilofnorthamerica.com/standards-and-judging.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serama

Last edited:

WELL,CERTAINLY DON'T WANT TO "UPSET THE APPLE CART".
MY METHODS ARE FOR HELPING FOLKS LEARN.
THANKS FOR THE URL
THE LAST PERSON TOLD US ALL ABOUT HOW AND WHY IT IS DONE..

Last edited:
WELL,CERTAINLY DON'T WANT TO "UPSETT APPLE CART".
MY METHODS ARE FOR HELPING FOLKS LEARN.
THANKS FOR THE URL
THE LAST PERSON TOLD US ALT ABOUT HOW AND WHY IT IS DONE..
gig.gif
glenda u so funny. u ask for help just try to give link for u to find more info

look at utube vidos lots cute cute cute serama chick vidos they stand so tall proud. i would like have some one day

SOME SERAMA INFORMATION.

GO TO JERRY'S SERAMAS LLC
HE IS ONE WHO BROUGT SERAMA'S TO USA

ALL SO KJ THEODORE BROUGHT SERAMA'S TO USA FROM MAYAYSIA

THEY BOTH HAVE FACEBOOK PAGES.
GOOD PICTURES AND INFORMATION.

SERAMA'S ARE A VERY POPULAR BREED OF CHICKENS
AND THE TABLE TOP SHOWING IS BIG RIGHT NOW.

I WENT TO THIS URL AND IT GIVES THE STANDARD FOR MALE AND FEMALE SERAMA'S THEN STANDARD FOR FRIZZLE SERAMA'S THEN STANDARD FOR SILKIE SERAMA'S

Last edited:
SOME SERAMA INFORMATION. GO TO JERRY'S SERAMAS LLC HE IS ONE WHO BROUGT SERAMA'S TO USA ALL SO KJ THEODORE BROUGHT SERAMA'S TO USA FROM MAYAYSIA THEY BOTH HAVE FACEBOOK PAGES. GOOD PICTURES AND INFORMATION. SERAMA'S ARE A VERY POPULAR BREED OF CHICKENS AND THE TABLE TOP SHOWING IS BIG RIGHT NOW.

cool! will look at it
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom