Seramas anyone???

FluffyPuff

Chirping
5 Years
Feb 27, 2014
In my coop with my chicks!
I would absolutely love to have a tiny serama addition to my flock and was wondering where I could find such an adorable little thing? I have friend who recently got some from her work place (a dairy farm) and she said she might breed and sell some but when I looked at the potential parents....well...lets just say I'd like some quality seramas...

Last edited:
Try Jerry's Serama's. He's one of the best one's with Serama's that I know of. He's in Vacherie, La and he ship's. He's got a site and F/Book page. Good Luck!

Do you know if he sells sexed chicks?

I don't know if anyone at all sexes serama chicks, I haven't been able to find anyone that does, but I really wanted to raise a serama (rather than get an adult) and would prefer that it was a hen. :)

I don't know if anyone at all sexes serama chicks, I haven't been able to find anyone that does, but I really wanted to raise a serama (rather than get an adult) and would prefer that it was a hen. :)
Me too! I can't have Roos...and I also prefer to hand raise my chickens as I've found they are trained easily that way.

From what I've heard he doesn't sell sexed chicks. Are you concerned about the roosters' crow?
Some Seramas are small enough that their crow isn't as loud to annoy neighbors. If you intend on keeping them inside I wouldn't worry about crowing.

From what I've heard he doesn't sell sexed chicks. Are you concerned about the roosters' crow?
Some Seramas are small enough that their crow isn't as loud to annoy neighbors. If you intend on keeping them inside I wouldn't worry about crowing.

Oh thank goodness they don't crow! I'd absolutely love to hatch my own chicks!

Oh thank goodness they don't crow! I'd absolutely love to hatch my own chicks!

Oh, sorry I didn't intend to lead you to think that serama roosters didn't crow. :p
All roosters crow. I just meant that some Seramas (depending on size) have a quieter crow. Though I have heard of people with Loud serama roosters, others have smaller high-pitched or squeaky crows. Usually Class A Seramas have a softer crow.

Also, are you looking for show quality Seramas?

Oh, sorry I didn't intend to lead you to think that serama roosters didn't crow. :p
All roosters crow. I just meant that some Seramas (depending on size) have a quieter crow. Though I have heard of people with Loud serama roosters, others have smaller high-pitched or squeaky crows. Usually Class A Seramas have a softer crow.

Also, are you looking for show quality Seramas?

It would be nice to show them but my schedule probably would not allow it. I would still want good quality/healthy birds nonetheless.

Back
Top Bottom