Seramas in Michigan

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CATRAY44, Jun 26, 2008.

1. CATRAY44

CATRAY44 Lard Cookin Chicken Woman

Does anyone have any Serama pullets for sale in Michigan?

2. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I may have some for sale in WI if you happen to be coming this way let me know... they are still in the incubator so not sure what all I will have. I have 8 eggs. They are darling...I have one from a previous hatch. He is a doll!

3. CATRAY44

I wish I was coming your way... Wisconsin is such a beautiful state! Thanks for responding.

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    No Prob...if you do happen this way send me a message..I will be breeding them. Working on getting some A and B size trios. What part of MI are you from... there is someone who ships Seramas but they are 3 months old already. I gave her your name...she may contact you.

5. CATRAY44

Jerome, Michigan. (South Central) Thank you!

6. LuannKeller

LuannKeller Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Greer, SC USA
    I go to Niles, Michigan twice a year and could bring you Seramas but they ship very well and I am happy to share them with you. My friends and I have been hatching a BUNCH so we will have plenty of extras.

Be careful with the winter weather - you'll need to keep them above 50 degrees if you get the really tiny ones. If you get some of the bigger ones you can shelter them like other bantams. Their small body size is deadly in the cold. I put heat lamps on mine during the cold days of winter and I live in SC!

7. CATRAY44

Hi LuAnn,

I would be very interested! Are you thinking of shipping eggs or chicks? What are the costs involved? What are your fees?

My plan was to have 2 and keep them inside my home in a large cage (24"). My kids and I have a few birds (do not breed, just enjoy them a ton). I have a large fenced in yard (surrounded by woods) and would let them out in good weather, in their own little enclosed 'Play pen" while I am home and can see them. Mainly they would be inside. Do you think this sounds reasonable? I am not interested in breeding them. If they are like other chickens and need a friend, 2 would be lovely. I would love a rooster, but if that would be hard on the hen, I would be happy with 2 hens. If they are ok on their own, 1 would be fine.

I feed my birds fortified food, fresh fruit and veggies, adding and subtracting protein and carbs as the seasons require. I bake veggie corn bread for them which they love. We keep the cages very clean with toys suited for each breed of bird. I am reading up on Seramas dietary needs.

Thank you for your help. If you have any concerns about my ideas, please let me know. I like constructive criticism regarding animal husbandry! If you think the birds would be unhappy in this situation I would lay the idea down.

Cathy

8. CATRAY44

Luann, when do you come to Niles next? That is not far for me to drive, at all....

9. Keleka

Keleka Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2007
    West Bloomfield
    Hi Cathy.

I am in the Flint area, and have a young cockeral for sale. He is about 3 months old right now. His coloring is coming in and is a very friendly guy. I also have another chick that hatched a few weeks back, but it is too early to tell what gender it is. Let me know if you would be interested and I can send pics. Thanks.

Derek

10. CATRAY44

Derek,

Would he be happy on his own, or would he need a flock? What are you asking for him?

Thanks,

Cathy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by