Seramas, tiny but MIGHTY!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by IcedMochaChick, Apr 13, 2009.

1. IcedMochaChick

IcedMochaChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    So, my three serama chicks are about a month and a half old now. I have a perfect little trio of a rooster and two hens. As tiny chicks, they made me fall in love with them. They loved to sleep in my hand. Ah, so sweet! Now, I realize, they just used their cuteness to get control of me. They make it perfectly clear when they aren't happy. Toast, the tiny hen, has the most piercing peep. You can hear it through the whole house! When I hear that call, I know I'm being "paged". Toast doesn't like it when the food dish is empty. Even though, there is food all AROUND the dish. So, I get called for that. [​IMG] Oh, and sometimes, they just aren't comfortable with their sleeping accomodations. I get called, and they all jump on me so they can go to sleep. [​IMG] Have you ever tried to get 3 stubborn birds off of you and back in the brooder?! It's worse than static cling! Everyone talks about the silkies being evil. Our silkies are angels compared to these tiny tyrrants! And to think, they have to come inside every winter. That being said, I wouldn't trade them for anything. [​IMG]

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    That is so sweet! I really need to see pictures. [​IMG]

3. IcedMochaChick

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    Yes, I'll have to post some pics. Last night, I had two on my head and one on my shoulder. That would have been a funny pic!

4. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    You have no clue how bad they can get! Try having 15 spoiled week oldbrats calling you! [​IMG]

5. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    We have been lured in too. We have 2 three week olds, 6 2 week olds, 8 in the bator and an adult roo we just got. He thinks DH is his personal perch for watching aquarium tv. (we have an aquarium along the back of the couch) We wouldn't trade any of them!

6. IcedMochaChick

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    Oh no, they get worse?! [​IMG]
    Really, I do love them. I just didn't know they were so bossy! I tried putting them in with our 3 month old silkie/showgirls and they terrorized them! You should have seen Jet (rooster aptly named for Jet Li) fly through the air to peck one of them on the head. Poor showgirls.

7. IcedMochaChick

Sep 7, 2008
    Nebraska
    Here's a couple of new pics of my little terrorists [​IMG] They were extra naughty tonight. We had put them with the showgirls for awhile. When we heard shrieking we had to separate them. Jet was hanging onto the back feathers of one poor girl and riding her around the pen like a tiny cowboy!

[​IMG]
    Jam, Toast, and Jet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by