Seramas?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MonkeyZero, Jun 13, 2008.

1. MonkeyZero

MonkeyZero Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Hi is it true that when a serama Roo crows, its like you cant hear it? IS it as loud as a puppy whimper?

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I've never heard that before...I know bantams (smaller sized) still crow. It's more high-pitched generally than the standards, but I think just as loud....?

3. MonkeyZero

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    That sucks. I was gonna buy some too. Oh well...

4. bantamgal

bantamgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    My roo says er-er-errrrrrr! It was pretty soft but now at 5 months it is a little louder but I dont expect it to be totally loud and obnoxius like some of the regular bantams. The game bantams to me have a very shrill and loud crow. But then they are crowing all the time. Seramas, at least mine started crowing at about 2 weeks old and it was very soft then. It is definitely louder than a puppy wimper when fukll grown but not too loud. [​IMG]

5. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    I am not sure where that out right lie comes from
    but [​IMG] a Serama Roo Will battle any male for the loudest Crow- I keep saying the next person who says this I am going to send a Serama Roo and then see if they still say that- My nieghbors can pick out the Seramas over every other breed -
    Just as noisey as any other breed allowing for the Basic personality - I am sure there are docile Roo in hte 50 or so I have owned I just never found one..
    They are like Terriers no clue they are only 10 ozs

6. bantamgal

bantamgal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    yeah I agree with the terrier personality!!! Well my roo is only 5 months so that is all the experience I have, but I still thimnk the game bantams are very loud, but each to her own

7. pixiechick

pixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Jonesborough, TN
    I want a serama or two. Anyone know where I might find one near east TN?

8. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    Pixie You are in the right state - Lots of Serama your way hit Frank Aeg50 or look at eggbid for TnSeramas auctions and email him he has the larger groups of Serama eggs -- or hit the Serama Council web page -- lots of good Serama breeds you can also try Lydia Webb Acres -- Very Very pretty Seramas

9. pixiechick

pixiechick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Jonesborough, TN
    Woohoo! Thanks, I'll chick it out. Love your silkie avatar by the way![​IMG]

10. MonkeyZero

Sep 14, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Quote:Sharisr, how'd you get Egg Killer??? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by