Seriously, has anyone seen an UFO? Please Share Stories...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lunachick, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I've had a few sightings, but one stands out: We had just moved into our home (that we have now) 15 years ago. We have woods behind us and a "regular" neighborhood in front of us --ie --houses with sidewalks etc. All in all a quiet neighborhood.

One day was kinda weird all day...can't explain it, but when it was time to go to bed, I was restless and decided I will pop a xanax and read a good book and sleep. I always had sensitive hearing and usually use earplugs so I can sleep undisturbed. (hubby = snoring etc)

There was a vibrating kind of noise and I couldn't rest, so I got up and when I do get up I go downstairs and check things; I went to the back door (pooch didn't want to go out -which was unusual for her, she just barked) so to shush her I went out with her onto the back patio. Nothing unusual, but the feeling in the air was weird. I let the dog in and went to the front door and went out onto the lawn and looked up. It was crystal clear and lots of stars visible. It was eerily quiet, but so nice. I went back upstairs to bed.

A few minutes later I felt that vibration thing (it was sorta high pitched sounding (?) And a humming sound. I got up and looked out my bedroom window and up above there was a black triangle (HUGE) shape in the sky that obscurred the stars. It didn't move, it just hung there, in a few minutes it moved over my house towards the backyard. I ran to the back of our bedroom window and looked up - it was moving slow and I could see the a flash of light beam down into my yard and into the woods behind us. Then it entirely disappeared. It was just gone.

It could have been military. But it was just so strange. And that was just one sighting. Don't make me feel alone! Anyone else?

2. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

I have never seen a ufo but i do beleve that they exist. as i read that i had shivers go up and down my spine and arms!! i am sorta superstishis (sp???) that would have freeked me out hugeness time!!!! [​IMG]

3. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Not sure if this counts or not but here goes.......

I was a teen (about 16 or 17 I guess) and lived in the country. So, a bunch of us were out driving back roads on the weekend. All of a sudden we saw a strange green glow in the sky. We tried to get closer to see what it was and no matter where we went it stayed just as far away. Finally we watched it start going down until it settled in a large field. The glow was completely covering everything around it and everything was dead quiet and still. We never could seem to get closer to it though. Anyway, we finally went on. The next day there was an article about several people reporting a strange green light. It was determined to be a rare spotting of the Northern Lights here in Arkansas (which believe it or not does happen). Ummmm......well, I have since lived in Alaska and seen the Northern Lights a LOT. They don't land!!!! [​IMG]

Oh, and just for the record, YES, we were sober!!!!!

4. Epossumondas

Epossumondas New Egg

Jan 25, 2009
    About 20 years ago, my friends and I were walking into a bar (important because we had not been drinking--yet!), when we saw multicolored lights that seemed to float overhead! It was a big cluster, and some were flashing. It was completely silent, and so were we! It passed slowly, then we dashed in, reported it, and everyone laughed at us.

I was glad I had 3 other witnesses!

The next morning on the news they had a report about a Russian satellite that fell to Earth and many people had seen it. Apparently it was so high up that we couldn't hear it. But it must have been huge because it looked like it was right over us!

5. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

I'm not going to be able to sleep now...

6. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I remember one time when I was really young (Probably 5) when me and my brother had to go outside to put the trash away after dark.
    There was a circular 'thing' in the sky that moved by really slowly.
    I dont know if I believe in UFO's but that was scary.

My brother running away and leaving me outside didnt help me being scared though! (Hes mean.)

7. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    I never have but when I was in Chile' my senior year with boyfriend visiting his father, we were traveling along this long road with mountains just ahead and grape vineyards all along this valley. His father said his family, wife and young children were traveling this same road a few months back and had seen a ufo...a saucer in the day time traveling at a snails pace and then zoom it zipped out of there and was gone in the flash of an eye. He said that day thousands of people reported the sighting. Though I don't speak spanish...the children were very excited when their dad was telling the story. (they take english--so they know what he was telling me--but they were very shy to speak it.)

8. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Quote:There are a lot of sightings on that continent! Besides other weird things!

9. breezy

breezy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2009
    Sand Coulee MT
    I have seen several. I know now that some of them were military aircraft that were experimental ( grew up near an airforce base) but some were definitely unexplainable. I know that I saw a stealth aircraft flying overhead years before anyone knew we had them. I also watched a glowing orange light in the sky with binoculars for 45 minutes before it suddenly took off at such speed I almost couldnt follow it. We had a lot of unexplained sightings near a farm where I was working and the airforce came out and took samples of soil and other readings from patches of dirt that refused to grow anything even weeds. My husband saw a strange light moving in the sky back in the early 40's long before there were any satellites to explain it away. Guess I will never know what some of the strange things are that I have witnessed but I think its wonderful that there are still mysteries to ponder and discover

10. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    I guess I am strange, but I have just never seen a reason to believe there couldn't be "aliens" out there somewhere. Same with things like the Loch Ness monster......I watched the Loch Ness live webcam thing for months trying to spot her!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by