Serrin wanted to adopt them! (picture heavy)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kathyinmo, Oct 31, 2010.

1. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I had to downsize. Well, that is an ongoing process ....

So, Amy (Serrin) agreed to adopt Maggie and the twins (Lisette and Cosette). Maggie is an EE that lays pretty pale green eggs. She hatched her own eggs that were sired by a Delaware ..... Look, aren't they soooo cute?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Amy had to prepare for their arrival and make accommodations for them. So I kept them until she was ready for them. See how they grew ....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just little darlings, don't ya think? Note of relevance: Ummm, I do happen to have a Delaware girl that constantly, "flies the coop," and refuses to stay penned. We call her Floozy. THIS is Floozy......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WELL, anyway, ..... imagine my surprise when Amy says this!

Quote:Who is laughing now? Me, me, me! I got rid of the hooligans!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  2. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    Awwwww. You know you're gonna miss them!

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    That's what I call, BYC entertainment!

She should go into writing.

Seriously.

4. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Quote:She did there is the first chapter.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

That Amy can sure spin a yarn, can't she? Amy, dear, we all told you, warned you, even, about this Delaware phenomenon, the mind control, the willful character. You just didn't believe us, now, did you? [​IMG]

[​IMG] for the further adventures of Lisette and Cosette. [​IMG]

6. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Yay for the little Delaweggers!!!!! Amy will never be bored again. [​IMG]

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I can hardly wait for chapter 2 ! ! [​IMG]

8. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas

I can hardly wait for chapter 2 ! ! [​IMG]

& 3

9. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you for your kind words y'all! Yeah, I'm kind of blushing over here. [​IMG]

Yes Kathy, Beth, Cyn, et al, you did try to warn me. Why is it you can tell someone there are 4 billion stars in the sky and they will believe you, yet when you tell them the paint is still wet, they have to stick their finger in it just to be sure??? [​IMG] Consider me to be that someone who has to stick their finger in the paint to discover whether you're telling the truth or not! [​IMG] And yup! Y'all were right! The paint is wet! [​IMG]

Yes, they are uncontrollable little hooligans....well....Cosette is at any rate. Lisette is the shy one. Always never more than 10 feet in any direction from her mother, Maggie. Unless of course, sister Cosette has convinced her of what a great idea it would be to go outside and see what they can find in the way of trouble. My only fear is in that they might find more trouble than they bargained for. [​IMG]

It's going to be a busy next few days around here what with Elk season into full swing, and so I won't have very many opportunities to take pictures of my new charges. But just as soon as I do, I promise, I'll post some. Consider them the illustrations for chapter 2. [​IMG] Maybe a shot of me having crawled up into their little coop to tuck them in at night? Or maybe one of Cosette being caught in the act of pulling off the Great Escape yet again? We shall just have to wait and see.............

Y'all have a great day!

Kathy....Thanks again sweetheart! [​IMG] I really do love all three of them! [​IMG]

10. [​IMG] This is so cute. Makes me almost want to get a few to add to Bird and his Fluffy Butts!!! are they really all like that?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by