1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

set 14 EE eggs under broody hen tonight

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Myst4, May 2, 2008.

1. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Hi, well I did it....my broody hen has been removed from the "public" nesting boxes(all of my other hens use it too) to an private suite of her own. She has room service and also has been supplied with 14 EE eggs for her to hatch. She is quite a big girl and so,they all fit nicely under her. She has the privledge of having the delux nest...complete with a cushiony soft queen sized bed of hay.

Haha..anyway, lets see what happens in 21 days,might have some babies.

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Good luck with her hatch...looks like she got the royal treatment...what a pampered momma she will be...!!

3. Myst4

Myst4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    N.S., Canada
    Quote:Thank you so much. I LOVE my chickens and have been obsessed with them since I've gotten them. I was told that 2 of my hens are broody hens and good mothers,so I couldn't wait until they went broody. Only one has(I wasn't told which hens were broody hens). Anyway, I am eggsited about her hatching some eggs for me. Can't wait. I do have 12 in the bator also(day 20). No pips yet.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by