Set 14 eggs tonight

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by snooptwomey, Feb 4, 2012.

1. snooptwomey

snooptwomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Newark, DE
    My 2nd hatch attempt. Got 2 out of 8 on first hatch, on shipped eggs(5 of 8 didnt develop) 2 hatched, 1 fully developed but died in shell somehow. Stuck in 9 homegrown EE's, from the rooster in my avatar and my red sex links, 2 Auburn Java'a, 2 Blue laced Red Wyandottes, 1 surprise egg :) None shipped, ALL fresh, I am expecting a good number to hatch. LG sitting at a steady 99.5-100.0, and humidity right now is close to 40% with no added water to LG. So I will be running a dry incubation since there is enough humidity already in the air. Egg TV is now turned ON again lol [​IMG]

2. im gonna have a hatching buddy!! [​IMG] except i put mine in eighther before i go to bed or bright and early in the morning!!! this will be my very first attempt and i just made a homemade bator tonight. figuring out how to regulate the temp!!! I'm excited!!

3. snooptwomey

snooptwomey Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Newark, DE
    [​IMG] lets do this!!

4. I'm ready!! i think... not even sure if they are fertilized [​IMG]we will figure that out when they hatch!

5. chadr7850

chadr7850 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    I'll join in I also wetted 14 eggs tonight. There buff silkie Mille fleur deccule and some black crested polish. I just tried to hatch eight but had a power outage so they were quitters :(. Now we alpl can be hatch buddies :). Good luck to all! I'm hatching in a brinsea octagon 20 Eco. My temps are running 99.5-100 degrees. I try not to worry about humidity when ever I do it always kills them. But I still have a hygrometer and it reads around 40%. I wish we didn't have to worry about humidity. What does mother hen do for humidity :/

6. I'm just hatching whatever i picked uup today from my hens LOL i don't even thing the big ones are fertile, just the bantams because i have a bantam rooster

7. chadr7850

Mar 22, 2011
    Your americauna rooster is beautiful snoop. I ordered 5 from fowl due to ship on the 22nd perfect for the hatch!

8. chadr7850

Mar 22, 2011
    Your americauna rooster is beautiful snoop. I ordered 5 from fowl due to ship on the 22nd perfect for the hatch!

9. IM SO EXCITED!!! FIRST TIME EVER!!!!!!![​IMG]

10. PtldChick

PtldChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I'll join you! I'm picking up a dozen mixed banty eggs tomorrow for my broody...they only take 18 days so I won't be behind.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by