1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Set 17 silkie eggs due Dec 30...Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by magikchick, Dec 9, 2009.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    I finally got my silkie eggs I won on eggbid. One was broken in shippment, hope that's not a bad sign. So I set 11 shipped eggs and 6 of my own. Looking forward to a late Dec hatch. This is not the best time of year to ship eggs and I know that. Just couldn't resist them, black silkies. [​IMG]

2. rosco

rosco Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Texas Panhandle
    i just started 14 eggs from a barred, two austalorps and an EE. This is my first time. I've collected the eggs over the last week. they have been away from a rooster for 2.5 weeks.

Great Luck to you! I'll look and see if this if you are a pro or newbie.

i think silkies might be the next breed of chicken.

rosco

3. riftnreef

riftnreef Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2009
    Mechanicsburg, Ohio
    I will be setting 21 Silkie eggs early Friday morning (5am-ish) so my math will have them do for New Years Eve/Day...[​IMG] I installed the fan in my LG last night, and will be sanatizing the bator tonight to prepare...woohoo!

4. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    I set 7 dozen silkie eggs a week ago monday and about 8.5 dozen this monday. Temps are now dipping below 0 so my hopes of getting more eggs unfrozen for a while are gone. I haven't candled the first batch yet and am doing my best to keep my paws out of there. I have 4 more open trays..... Never know.

5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    I am not setting eggs but my broody is! They should hatch Dec. 30th around there.

6. magikchick

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Well it's day 7 candled and none of the shipped eggs are doing anything. I broke open one and it didn't look fertile to me. Looks like I'm out $25.[​IMG]

7. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Aww... I hope you are wrong. Let the rest sit another 4-5 days and candle again.

8. Mark kim

Mark kim Out Of The Brooder

Oct 20, 2009
    Vaughan
    i have hopefully 4 silkie eggs that are due between 28-29 :) i set them on Tuesday December 8th. I bought 9 but i only received 4 that were not cracked and the other 5 were all broken ) : Its my first time incubating and im using my brinsea mini advance i just bought and its working great! (its really dummy proof) Good luck on your hatches guys ( :

9. magikchick

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Well I have 5 of my own eggs doing good. I cracked open a couple more of the shipped ones they were scrambled.

10. magikchick

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    :tongueThrew out the last of the shipped eggs. All of them were bad.[​IMG] Anyway I still have 5 of my own eggs so something will hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by