Set 17 silkie eggs due Dec 30...Anyone else?

magikchick

~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~
12 Years
Apr 21, 2007
SW Florida
I finally got my silkie eggs I won on eggbid. One was broken in shippment, hope that's not a bad sign. So I set 11 shipped eggs and 6 of my own. Looking forward to a late Dec hatch. This is not the best time of year to ship eggs and I know that. Just couldn't resist them, black silkies.
fl.gif

i just started 14 eggs from a barred, two austalorps and an EE. This is my first time. I've collected the eggs over the last week. they have been away from a rooster for 2.5 weeks.

Great Luck to you! I'll look and see if this if you are a pro or newbie.

i think silkies might be the next breed of chicken.

rosco

I will be setting 21 Silkie eggs early Friday morning (5am-ish) so my math will have them do for New Years Eve/Day...
smile.png
I installed the fan in my LG last night, and will be sanatizing the bator tonight to prepare...woohoo!

I set 7 dozen silkie eggs a week ago monday and about 8.5 dozen this monday. Temps are now dipping below 0 so my hopes of getting more eggs unfrozen for a while are gone. I haven't candled the first batch yet and am doing my best to keep my paws out of there. I have 4 more open trays..... Never know.

Well it's day 7 candled and none of the shipped eggs are doing anything. I broke open one and it didn't look fertile to me. Looks like I'm out $25.
sad.png

i have hopefully 4 silkie eggs that are due between 28-29 :) i set them on Tuesday December 8th. I bought 9 but i only received 4 that were not cracked and the other 5 were all broken ) : Its my first time incubating and im using my brinsea mini advance i just bought and its working great! (its really dummy proof) Good luck on your hatches guys ( :

Well I have 5 of my own eggs doing good. I cracked open a couple more of the shipped ones they were scrambled.

:tongueThrew out the last of the shipped eggs. All of them were bad.
tongue.gif
Anyway I still have 5 of my own eggs so something will hatch.

Back
Top Bottom