1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Set 74 eggs today!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenman17, Jan 14, 2012.

1. chickenman17

chickenman17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Southeast Oklahoma
    I set 74 eggs today in 2 separate bators. My Hova-Bator Genesis 1588 (which I adore) and a neighbor's Brower Top Hatch THI20 (which I hate and can't seem to figure out). My hatch is due February 5th. Wish me the greatest of luck! LOL :fl

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  2. JenBirdRansom

JenBirdRansom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2011
    Graham/Kapowsin, WA
    Geeze!! You don't mess around, do ya? [​IMG]

What kinds of chickens did you set? You are going to have your hands full! Do you have a huge brooder? Man, that is a lot of chicks!!!

[​IMG]

3. Bobwhite-Falcon

Bobwhite-Falcon Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2012
    USA
    [​IMG] That's alot of hatchers! Wish you luck! Wow I've only got 4 and they're due the 15. TOMORROW

4. chickenman17

Mar 27, 2010
    Southeast Oklahoma
    Nope! I love incubating, just hope it doesn't kill me first! LOL I just set mixed breed eggs that a neighbor gave me. He gets 4 dz eggs a day so it was no problem. My brooder is pretty big so i'm pretty sure it will hold all my little fuzzy butts! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  5. chickenman17

Mar 27, 2010
    Southeast Oklahoma

Yep biggest hatch i've done so far. Thanks and I wish you luck on your hatch tomorrow! [​IMG]

6. ajcress

ajcress Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    Masontown, WV
    Hello!!![​IMG] there's another thread here with several people who set eggs lastevening! it would be great if you would like to join in! come on over! What types are you setting? I currently have 28 in lockdown and just set 12 bbs ameraucanas a few minutes ago!! heres the other thread: setting eggs tonight anyone want to join me.. hope to see you there!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by