1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Set a dozen eggs today . . . .

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mommysongbird, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Mommysongbird

Mommysongbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    was suppose to set last week, but had to find a power strip to hook up everything.

So we set a dozen eggs that I collected from our girls, they may or may not be fertilized. Our roos had only been gone about a week when I collected them, so we'll see.

If you are setting today, October 28, come and hatch along with us.

2. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Quote:Im setting some tomorrow does that count?

3. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Quote:Im setting some tomorrow does that count?

Sure! [​IMG] [​IMG]

My official "first day" won't be till tomorrow, so that is fine. We will be close in hatch dates.

4. mtcookie

mtcookie Dances with Chickens

Mar 17, 2009
    Santa Cruz
    I have 14 I just set today. They are cochin bantams. I have been keeping an eye out for anyone else hatching today. [​IMG] I am hand turning mine and will candle in 4 days. [​IMG] Yea right, I'm sure I will candle way before then.

5. Mommysongbird

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    Quote:[​IMG] Hi, glad there are a few people to hatch with.

What kind of incubator are you using? We have an LG that we bought for our son back in March when we hatch our first set of eggs. We also have the auto turner. I am afraid I would forget to turn the eggs, so that does it for me. [​IMG]

I just need to get the new brooder box ready. Not sure if any of these are actually fertilized, so I am not getting my hopes up. If they aren't we will wait till spring to get some more eggs from our homeschool friends.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by