Set Button Eggs, and Chicken eggs today! Need a Hatching Buddy!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    6 Button Quail egg were due to hatch today, but they haven't so far. [​IMG] But I heard all six of the quail eggs pecking inside of the shell so I'm keeping me fingers crossed for a good hatch! [​IMG]
    Okay, so 6 days ago I started saving my quail eggs for another batch. So my female layed her 6th egg today so I stuck 6 Button Quail Eggs in the bator, and 8 chicken eggs. 4 Standard Eggs, and 4 Bantam Eggs. The Buttons are due to hatch: 7/7/2010
    The Chicken eggs are due: 7/12/2010
    Anybody wonna be my hatching buddy?
    ETA: Add Pictures!

The eggs right before they went into the incubator.

The Chicken Eggs ..
    [​IMG]

The Chicken and Quail Eggs. ( In the Quail Carton they are only 5 eggs because my female hadn't layed the sixth egg yet. [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  2. I'll be your hatching buddy! Just set 33 eggs that I picked up from emvickrey. She has some gorgeous chickens; I hope these eggs produce just as beautifully! They are Ameraucanas, Silkie/Ameraucana cross, and Production Red, with a Phoenix chick for good measure! I'm calculating that they'll go into lockdown on July 10 and start hatching around July 13. *merrily marches forward to Ray Stevens' "In The Mood"*

Last edited: Jun 23, 2010
  3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    That's so neate!
    I would have put more chicken eggs in the bator, but my mom wouldn't let me other wise I would have put all 31 chicken eggs I go today in there! lol [​IMG] Oh, well ... can't have your way all the time! lol [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. I'm hoping for a great hatch for both of us. I have my incubator in a well-built and insulated wellhouse; it's cooler in there than it has been outside (temps in the mid-90s and a heat index between 100 and 105). Everything is going well so far! [​IMG]

5. 1sttimer

1sttimer Songster

Feb 15, 2010
    ill be your other hatching buddy lol im setting mine in a couple of days when they come in, they are being shipped to me.

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Cool!
    What kind of eggs are you going to incubate?
    My temp is at 100 to 101.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by