Set eggs finally!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sara, Jan 12, 2009.

1. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I fired up the bator for a test hatch. Since it was running I decided I might as well hatch something else. I put a dozen assorted eggs in, so I'm back in the club so to say. lol

I put them in Friday, so hopefully I'll have chickies before long!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Good luck Sara! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. sara

sara Title Needed Here

I'm thinking about throwing in some black bantam ameraucanas also since they are laying like crazy right now. Might as well if I've got the thing running, and they sure are cute babies.. [​IMG]

4. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    [​IMG]

5. sewincircle

sewincircle Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    Central New York
    Congrats!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Quote:I feel bad since they are your eggs, but like we discussed I just don't think they would travel well to you with the weather. They are laying like crazy though, so hopefully we get a warm streak here soon. [​IMG] How far away from me are you?

7. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:I feel bad since they are your eggs, but like we discussed I just don't think they would travel well to you with the weather. They are laying like crazy though, so hopefully we get a warm streak here soon. [​IMG] How far away from me are you?

It's okay Sara! [​IMG] You are just doing what's right for me to get eggs that actually have a better chance! With them being bantam eggs to I am sure that they can get chilled quicker. I know my jumbo quail eggs get frozen WAY before other eggs do...not that they are as small as jumbo quail eggs i'd assume but just saying. [​IMG]

I think it's very kind of you to do that for me! [​IMG] I just wish it wasnt so rediculously cold haha!!!!

I don't mind the wait i know i'll get them eventually! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    oh and as for "how far" I'm way on the other end of PA, south western PA, very close to the Ohio and WV boarders. If you were an hour and a half away i'd demand hubby and I make a trip HEHE! But i assume you're farther? *pouts* HEHE

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Too bad I don't have a way to just get the chicks to you that hatch. lol

10. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:ahh! Dont tempt me! HA HA!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by