Set Eggs Last Night anyone else????

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Gerardi, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Gerardi

Gerardi Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    Paintsville,Ky
    Set a dozen eggs. Mainly Silkie eggs. With a few Golden Sebrights along for the ride! So far ive successfully hatched out 7 tiny baby Golden sebrights. Here is a pic of those. Its a bad one bc they wont sit still!

[​IMG]

now the wait is on! I also order Silver Sebright eggs that should be here next week sometime. I am hoping i have good luck with those!!!

2. orionburn

orionburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Yep, set some late Thursday night and another batch yesterday morning. First time attempt at a hatch on my own. We had a broody hatch out 8 on her own in June. That was the first ever hatch we've had. Now I have to see if I can top her. [​IMG]

3. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I set a bunch this morning - 36 silkie eggs, 4 JG, four blue orps, 12 easter eggers. All but the orps and the jersey giants are shipped eggs, so I expect quite a few of them to be pulled by next week but we shall see! I had to make sure to not hatch just ONE chick. [​IMG]

4. Gerardi

Gerardi Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2010
    Paintsville,Ky
    Its an addiction, hatching your own eggs, This is my first year dealing with chickens. Now my yard is over run with my winged friends! I think i have a little over 20 chickens. and Hatching out new ones almost every 21 days. ! I love it. Even my 2 year old gets into it when they are hatching.

5. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    x

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  6. NaomiSarah

NaomiSarah Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2010
    I just set a dozen grocery store eggs that look like Welsummer or Maran eggs - know of any other breeds those could be with the dark speckled look? I was so not planning on doing a staggered hatch, but when I found eggs that dark in the store I couldn't resist!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by