Set eggs today 29th Feb if anyone wants to join me :-)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Tracy the chick, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Ive set 12 mixed bantam eggs today 29th Feb I won on ebay. there Seramas, Pekins, Dutch, Polish, Gold Sebright & Silver Sebright.....
    Could do with some buddys [​IMG]

Highlander Where you at! [​IMG]

2. Thescottyduck

Thescottyduck New Egg

Feb 29, 2012
    I have set 2 african goose eggs and 4 tolouse x embden eggs so fingers crossed they hatch out ok!

3. Tracy the chick

Tracy the chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2011
    Uk
    Good luck and welcome to BYC .. Keep us updated:D

4. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    *screeches to a halt*

I'm here! [​IMG]

5. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I set 26 eggs on 2/29, for a March 21 hatch: 23 Mom's barnyard mix, 2 SilkieX Project eggs, and one Black Rosecomb. Good luck to everyone!

[​IMG]

6. scheelgrl

scheelgrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2011
    elkview, wv
    i set my first ever batch of eggs last night also! i am wringing my hands waiting to see if im a good mommy! they are just a mixed bag (i didnt want to blow my budget on the first hatch in case i screw it up) lol but i will share in everyones excitement!

7. Nicolla

Nicolla Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    North Alabama
    I'm setting mine tomorrow can I still join you? Mine come in the mail today and I read that you should wait 24 hours and just let the eggs sit, before putting them in the incubator is that right?

8. scheelgrl

Dec 16, 2011
    elkview, wv
    welcome! i mail ordered 6 easter eggers that i just received today so i will be adding them to the bator tonight after a 12 hour rest from travel. hope this wont cause too mich trouble .....

9. CDel

CDel Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2012
    Indiana
    I was going to wait for the hatch a long, but decided since it's been warm and my hens have been laying well, I would go ahead and throw a dozen or so in the new incubator and see what happened. Plus, I really want to see how well the new bator performed so I would know ahead of time what I need to fix. So I just set 14 mixed mutt eggs, Australorp and BR roosters over BR, SLW, RSL hens today at 2 pm.

10. scheelgrl

Dec 16, 2011
    elkview, wv
    welcome! i am a nervous nellie about these eggs. being a first time hatcher sucks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by