Set my eggs March 26th :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by coyotesmommy, Apr 6, 2012.

1. coyotesmommy

coyotesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] to

Ling Ling started acting broody again so I got her some more eggs. :) Anyone wants to know I got them from a guy on Craig's list, out of Roanoke TX $3 a dozen!!!!!! I got 12 out of the 12 11 were fertile... One she broke the other I tossed because it was no good..... I made a video of them at 4 days but could not for the life of me figure out how to put it on here..... So the pictures that are here are of 13 day old eggs. I candle them about every 4 days and as each time passes the mass is darker and darker, so it is hard to get good pictures. The light brown ones are the easiest to see, the green ones have very thick shells, but I was able to see the blood vessels very well last time I guess because red and green are opposites, so they have great contrast when candled. This is the first time I have tried hatching so not sure what to look for, but I am hopeful because I do see some movement, and the blood vessels are still very nice and growing, at first there was only the small mass but each day the mass is growing. I hope that is a chick. Oh yeah the last picture are of the " Chicken Guardians" and Yes the turtle is a guardian as well. hehehehee

2. Fluffballs

Fluffballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    With my chickies!
    I hope all your eggs hatch! [​IMG]

3. coyotesmommy

coyotesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    Thanks me too.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by