1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Set on 1st, due on 21st, RIGHT?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by texaschickmama, Feb 18, 2009.

1. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    I set these eggs on Feb 1st at 5:30 AM. They are due on the 21st, right? I just took the turner out and put the non slip stuff on the bottom of the tray on top of the wire mesh. I have a Hova Bator 1588. Have I done this correctly?

2. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Set on the first, due on the 22nd.

3. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Did I take them out of the turner too soon?

4. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    They should be due on the 21st. If you set them in the morning of the 1st you count that as day one. If set in the afternoon or evenings I always count the next day as day 1.

5. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Okay, due on 21st since set so early on the 1st. I took the turner out just now, is this right? I feel like I have pregnancy brain. [​IMG]

6. Buster

Buster Back to Work

TOH is right. Sorry- I just got up. Don't mind me, I had a rough night. [​IMG]

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Even if it was a day early it will be ok. Best of luck to you on your hatch!

8. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Quote:We had a rough night around here too!! My kids have had the stomach flu for the past 4 days. Oh gosh, this is the grossest smelling house around................ [​IMG] I sure hope this virus passes. My DH has a bad cold, I'm the only one that hasn't gotten sick so far. [​IMG]

I've gone through a whole can of Lysol. I'm working on the bleach cleaner being gone now. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  9. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I never take my turner out til the evenings of day 18. Since you already have done that they should be okay tho.

That's just how I have always done things with mine hatchings.

Oh I second guess myself all the time when it's hatching time, I double check and triple check myself!!! LOL

10. texaschickmama

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Great. I have 22 buff orp eggs in the bator. I started out with 7 blue/splash orps too, but they were not fertile. I have to trim those fuzzy bums up. [​IMG] At this point, I don't want to see or smell any other bums. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by