Set today, March 26, Anyone with me?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pnp4kidz, Mar 26, 2011.

1. pnp4kidz

pnp4kidz Chillin' With My Peeps

I set them so that they would hatch on the waxing to full moon, as my friend instructed me to do...
    so, we shall See!!!
    I have 11 Blue Marans that were from a BYC'r, shipped, one was broken, I put wax on but will assume that one is a gonner...
    and 11 of my own eggs, half Black Copper Marans and half Welsummers...
    I'm hoping that the old Farmer's Almanac thought is right, that the strongest hatches are on the waxing full moon!!!
    :)
    so, are you with me???

2. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm with ya!! Just set about 160 LF eggs in BBS and Buff Orpingtons and Barred Rock.Also set around 30 Italian Speckled Coturnix and 40 or so Old English in Opal/Lavender/Buff Barred/Blue Laced Silver project/Fawn Duckwings/and a few others...

3. CrittersNPets

CrittersNPets Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    W. of Salem, Oregon
    I'm with you but just doing some mix of basic chickens to test out incubator for future Marans. A little concerned as what I thought was my best thermometer says low but the other two say fine, so we shall see.

4. pnp4kidz

pnp4kidz Chillin' With My Peeps

All Right!
    wow Whiskey! you are a guru!!!
    can't wait to see pics!
    and if Blake and his grandpa are right, WE should have the BESTEST hatch of the spring! and the strongest chicks!
    :)

5. Neverenuff

Neverenuff Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2008
    Harrodsburg, Kentucky
    I am with y'all too. I set 44 call duck eggs. First time with calls so we will see what happens. The owner of the calls said she thinks that only about 1/2 are viable eggs so we will see some of those eggs are mighty tiny compaired to my BIE's. I like to hatch so she gave me the stress. Oh wait I said that I like to hatch....

Good Luck to everyone!!!

6. Whiskey Bay

Whiskey Bay Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Starting to fill in bator 2... Added a few more BBS Orps AND some Choc Orp eggs....So we'll see how those go,still got BBS Orps coming and hopefully some BLRW....Got to get my eggs in before hubby's new batch of Coturnix start laying and he hogs the bators again...lol..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by