settin' 10 eggs tonight. first guinea hatch of the season.

Discussion in 'Guinea Fowl' started by lcw1995, Apr 20, 2012.

1. lcw1995

lcw1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    since this is the first year ive been able to keep more than one hen alive at once during the laying season i am plannin' on hatchin' more then just one hatch this season
    usually i have really good success with hatchin' the keets so we'll see what happens this time
    just found a nest today
    got the eggs and replaced them with golfballs
    first time ive done that so we'll see if she continues to lay or not
    tomorrow will be day 1

2. PeepsCA

PeepsCA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    Big Oak Valley, CA
    Cool. Congrats Keep us posted! [​IMG]

3. Egg Dispatcher

Egg Dispatcher New Egg

Apr 3, 2012
    I'm gonna put eggs in incubator when I get off work tonight possibly about 20. I've got 2 different nest I'm gonna raid. This will be my first time trying to hatch guinea eggs. Just hatched 14 out of 17 chicken eggs, first time using incubator. They were a trial run before I tried guineas. I was pretty impressed with myself lol

4. carmentk

carmentk Out Of The Brooder

Jan 18, 2012
    Summerville SC
    We have better luck using cochin hens for incubators. First batch hatched yesterday. Have more batches set at one week intervals. Good luck with your hatch.

Carmen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. lcw1995

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    those are some great pictures and yeah usually if i have eggs to hatch and i have broody hens i put the eggs under the broodys but i dont have a broody right now
    if i get a broody before the keets are due trust me the eggs are definitely going under the broody
    id pick a broody over a incubator any day but since i dont have one incubator is going to have to do for now

6. carmentk

carmentk Out Of The Brooder

Jan 18, 2012
    Summerville SC
    We had keets coming out of our ears the first couple of years when we didn't know what we were doing. But then our incubator success DECLINED as we gained experience. Don't know why.

7. lcw1995

Nov 27, 2010
    Marysville Ohio
    update-added 1 more egg to the incubator

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by