Setting 43 silkie eggs at 11 anyone with me * PICS*

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by countrygirl911, Jul 19, 2011.

1. countrygirl911

countrygirl911 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Mississippi
    hi i am going to be setting 43 silkie eggs in the incubator at 11 today. I can not wait to get started and for day 21 to get here i have an assortment of colors white, splash, black, 1 painted, buff. would love to have some hatching buddies *

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  2. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm about to plug in my incubator. Going to be setting some shipped silkie eggs that should be here tomorrow and some of my own cochin eggs. I've never hatched silkies its going to be fun. [​IMG]

3. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    I set mine last Thursday but I'll join in [​IMG] I set 18 Silkies from Catdance! Woo Hoo!

4. SierraView

Mine are from Catdance too. Silkies are so dang cute! [​IMG]

5. Fallen Leaf Farm

Fallen Leaf Farm Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2011
    Just gave my broody Orpington hen 4 eggs (they were layed today by the other girls). Didn't really plan on it, but since she's been broody a few days, we'll just see what happens. Hopefully they will hatch before my boys end up down at our county fair to show their roosters! Don't really need anymore chickens, but hubby said, "Why not let her try to hatch some?". Here's hoping for all pullets![​IMG]
    21 days to [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  6. SierraView

Picked my eggs up at the PO this morning. They called me at 6:30am. These are the best packaged eggs I've ever gotten and they all look perfect. [​IMG]

I also have a EE hen broody again for the second time this year, shes sitting on 6 bantam cochin eggs I gave her due on the 1st. Didn't figure on her being so broody the last chicks she hatch are around 3 months old now. When she started laying again she gave me eggs for about 3 weeks then went broody again. Shes a good momma.

7. Maxbeard

Maxbeard Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2010
    Aiken
    I set 6 eggs yesterday in the V2 incubator. I am using a repti-temp 500r from Zoo Med. Unbelievable how close this keeps my temps, a variation of 0.7 F. Hopefully this will be "the hatch" Otherwise I am going to order a brinsea mini eco advance!

8. jettgirl24

jettgirl24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    Duvall, WA
    Jenjeran - Isn't her packing amazing?!?! By far the best condition of any eggs I've had shipped to me... I'm am SO excited for more Silkie babies - I think these will be absolutely gorgeous for starting my breeding flock!

9. SierraView

My last hatch of shipped eggs was not so good. So many totally broken and some started oozing halfway into incubation, those probably had small stress cracks, The rest had air cells all bubbly. The post office took 6 days to get the box to me and beat it up bad. I had 2 go into lockdown out of 28 eggs. I wasn't really sure they were good but hoped for the best and got nadda. [​IMG]

The Catdance silkie eggs arrived in great condition all the air cells look perfect. The packaging was excellent. I feel very good about this hatch going well [​IMG] I use a Hovabator and it has given me good hatches. I've been reading a lot about silkies and love them more and more.

You all are hatching little before mine that will be nice, I won't have to wait as long for someone to have pips.[​IMG]

10. Maxbeard

Maxbeard Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2010
    Aiken
    Got veins in two out of the half dozen I set. Guess this means my roo is finally doing his job!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by