Setting 5/28 Anyone Else?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by naturesluxuries, May 29, 2010.

1. naturesluxuries

naturesluxuries Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2009
    Setting 5/28 Anyone Else? Lets hatch together! I set 8 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes, 4 Speckled Sussex, 2 RIR, 5 Cochin Banties, 1 Silkie, 3 Buff Barhams, 2 Welsummers...I will look in the morning what else I stuffed in there lol. I am real thankful for a wonderful lady that lives nearby and sells her fertile eggs for only $5- a dozen! Super beautiful chickens and roosters.

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  2. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:WOW how nice. Send me some. LOL

In the meantime......

I set 13 Welsummers

Have more to set in a couple of days and more in bator due next week.

3. ga_goat

ga_goat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Lowndes County Ga
    I moved 41 Ameraconas to the hatch tray on 5/28 , no peeps yet and the eggs came from 2 found freerange nests but we will see by Mon .

4. SarahIrl

SarahIrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Set bator #1 with five silver lacwd brahmas and six buff orps on 27th May and am setting in bator #2 an unknown number of barnevelders tomorrow all going well

5. SarahIrl

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    It's 40 barnevelders. Gulp. Not for me, for two others, but still, gulp.

[​IMG]

6. goatranch

goatranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2009
    I had a friend just hatch her first batch of fuzzy butts, and it made me start to get broody. I dusted off the bator and got it warmed up. I then realized I had nothing to hatch. My neighbor called me frantic because she has no place to keep all the eggs that she has been getting from her mixed flock. I got enough to fill the bator and have breakfast for a week or so. Now I am sooooo excited! I set them yesterday May 28th. They should be DTH Father's Day weekend. [​IMG]

7. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    I started 48 Guinea Fowl eggs yesterday morning (5/28). So they're due 6/25! I also started about 34 chicken eggs under three broodies 5/27. So they're due 6/17! They're Buff Orpingtons and Buff Orpington/Barred Rock crosses (sex-links!).

8. ruralmom

ruralmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2009
    NW Colorado
    Set 14 Welsh Harlequin duck eggs yesterday and getting 11 call duck eggs to set on Tue.

9. naturesluxuries

naturesluxuries Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2009
    Wow you all have some great breeds! We are all eggsited here lol. What kind of incubators do you all use. My children made a homemade one with a Styrofoam cooler and they hatched 17 out of 20 eggs last month. Lets keep this topic going with updates and share the experience together and educate others at the same time [​IMG]
    I love the Barnevelders but unfortunately mine were stolen by raccoons a week ago [​IMG] The one night I didn't lock them in. OH I did get a Black Java rooster from someone today. Now I just need to find some hens for them. The Black java is on the near extinct list so if someone needs a Java roo let me know.

10. SarahIrl

May 4, 2010
    West Cork, Ireland
    Ok, had to ditch the second hand bator, temp issues, Brinsea are going to try and fix it (bless them), and bought ANOTHER one. Supposedly 54 eggs, I have just squeezed in 40, but it's my favourite brand - Novital.
    SO I have 4 silver laced brahamas due 17th June
    6 buff orpingtons due 17th June
    40 barnevelders due 22nd June

Argh! Where oh where will I put them all?!?!?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by