Setting 7/21 - should be due on 8/10 anyone else?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by bobbieschicks, Jul 21, 2011.

1. bobbieschicks

bobbieschicks Chicken Tender

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    This is our 2nd batch of eggs to incubate. The 1st time we did 13 White Leghorns and 6 hatched but 1 died after 3 days [​IMG]

For our 2nd attempt we are doing a mix of breeds: (2) each of Black Australorp, Light Sussex, Welsummer, Wheaten Penedesenca, Golden Polish, Ancona and Ameraucana/Araucana for a total of 14 eggs!

Here they are resting after arriving in the mail.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  2. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

I set 58 shipped Coturnix Quail eggs last night.. very hard to candle and some of them felt very light.. so i'm keeping my fingers crossed that I will have some hatch out

3. bobbieschicks

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop
    Quote:Great! Are quail 21 days too?

4. yinepu

more like 17 to 18 days and they are sooo tiny!

5. bobbieschicks

Jun 24, 2011
    King George, VA
    My Coop

more like 17 to 18 days and they are sooo tiny!

We were going to incubate quail for our homeschool science project and decided on the Leghorns b/c they were bigger eggs and cheap - LOL! After purchasing the coop supplies and all the incubating stuff I can hardly call them cheap anymore. [​IMG]

6. 1AcreRooster

1AcreRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

I will join you.
    I am going to set 18 RIR x Delaware either tonite or tommorrow. Will post pics when I set em, this will be my first time using a just completed coolerbator. [​IMG] Good Luck to all![​IMG]

7. yinepu

these quail will probably be raised in the house in rabbit cages.. just really depends on how many hatch!

8. 1AcreRooster

Just set mine, my friend whom I got em from throwed in a surprise green egg too. Here we go![​IMG]

9. 1AcreRooster

[​IMG]
    here they are all snug for the next 21 days

10. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    I got 3 setting under my silkie. I set put them under her today so mine should hatch the same day. I got EE's under her, meaning the chicks will be EE's. I have 1 EE, 1 BO and 1 Brahma all over a Ameracauna roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by