Setting eggs 03/19/2011, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bethanne84, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Bethanne84

Bethanne84 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2010
    TX
    I will be setting 24 eggs tomorrow. I got a "surprise assortment" of eggs in the mail this morning and I am very excited.

2-buff brahma
    2-golden laced wyandotte
    2-black australorp
    2-blue copper marans
    2-partridge penedesenca
    2-silver spangled hamburg
    2-rose comb brown leghorn
    2-silver lakenvelder
    2-golden penciled hamburg
    2-pumpkin hulsey
    2-ancona
    2-wheaten ameraucana

I can't wait to see what hatches [​IMG]

2. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    i just set mine last night. good luck. happy hatching

3. KazAnder Farms

KazAnder Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    Machias, WA
    We set some of our rir eggs so were kind of with you! Started on 3/10 to 3/17 about a dozen or so.

4. TBJumper0514

TBJumper0514 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    New Orleans, LA
    I am setting about 10 Ameraucana and 10 Ancona eggs tomorrow as well. This is my first attempt at incubating and these are shipped eggs, so hopefully I'll get a few out of it.

5. equinehugger3

equinehugger3 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2010
    OMG. I was looking for a hatch buddy, too!!! I'm setting 2 Bearded Silkies, 2 Crested Polishes, and 2 d'Anvers!!! xD

6. KZ

KZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    Fountain, Colorado
    I am going to set my eggs tomorrow also. I WAS going to set them Sunday, the first day of Spring, then I noticed on my "Hobby Farms" Calander that tomorrow is National Poultry Day. That sounds lucky! So tomorrow it is.

I bought a lot of eggs on Ebay. I figure SOME have to hatch. I got 2 boxes full of eggs from 2 different sellers today. One box was a medium flat rate box and had 26 eggs wrapped in plastic grocery bags. Not one broke and they all seem to be in good shape, but it seemed like a risky way to box them. The second had about 19 eggs all carefully wrapped in bubble wrap twice and then inside newspaper packed into a much bigger box than the one that held the 26 eggs. Very impressive wrapping. Also, the eggs from this shipment are big and well formed, where the 24 eggs are smaller. I am very interested to see the hatch rate of these two auctions. I am throwing in some of my Easter Egger eggs for a total of about 54 eggs. I might pick up a couple more EE's tomorrow morning if they lay them before I put the others in the 'bator. I know the eggs from my yard will hatch!

I am hatching standard Cochins, BLue and Blue Splash Marans, and Easter Eggers. By the way, my Americauna roo came in 3rd place at the Colo State Fair last year and is a very good looking fellow. I don't brag on him nearly enough.

Now, if all these eggs hatch, I am gonng be knee deep in chicks!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. KZ

Aug 9, 2010
    Fountain, Colorado
    Quote:Those are some good looking fancy birds. I am looking forward to see what hatchs for you also! Should be a lot of fun!

[​IMG]

8. Suechick

Suechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2009
    Carlsbad, CA
    [​IMG]
    I'm about 4 days ahead of you all but would love to hang out if you'll have me.

9. KZ

Aug 9, 2010
    Fountain, Colorado
    [​IMG]

Welcome Suechick!

10. Bethanne84

Bethanne84 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2010
    TX
    KZ- I ordered my eggs off of eBay as well. I haven't had much luck in the past with hatching shipped eggs as my post office usually does a number on them. These eggs arrived all intact. I normally hatch my EE eggs from my own chickens with no problems, but last summer we had what appeared to be a raccoon attack and lost all my chickens. So, I am starting over. I will be happy with whatever hatches!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by