Setting eggs 2nd January 2013 *hatching Buddies* posting pics when hatching/hatched? :L

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lucyharper123, Jan 1, 2013.

1. lucyharper123

lucyharper123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    well i have just orderd eggs for tomorrow !! they are 6 golden silkie eggs but im setting 24 eggs [​IMG]some are due on the 14 tho because i got too exited and i wanted chicks from the past :) (eggs set in 2012 but hatch in 2013)
    but the rest are ripe and ready to go straight in when the delivered eggs are here [​IMG] and also i have a double yolker to hatch on the 14 with both yolks fertilized !!! i cannot wait [​IMG] so what about yous are you setting you're eggs to have an early start to the year ?? so post here and let me know because i really want a hatching buddie [​IMG]

2. starlingsbaby

starlingsbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2012
    Lawtey Florida
    I just sat 20 today. mine are due the 20th. an had 8 hatch 3 days ago!!!! but only 2 made it, they were under a first time broody! [​IMG]
    Here is one of my babies that made it when it was first born!! [​IMG]

3. lucyharper123

Dec 16, 2012
    i'm sorry for you're loss[​IMG] but you're chick is soo cute [​IMG] i hope they are okay [​IMG] and good luck for the future. my last hatch went really bad set 24 eggs 3 hatched 1 drowned and the other two died of marek's but i'm looking into the future now and am very exited!! keep posting really want to know if they are ok and how your set eggs do !! [​IMG]

4. lucyharper123

Dec 16, 2012
    thats me just set my 24 eggs well some were set before the new year :L but i have a full incubator now and my 6 golden silkie eggs are in !! im soo exited i will try and upload a pic of the eggs all set :) but the only thing is that we keep having really short power cuts but nothing that will bring the temp down :) wiil they be okay ??

5. lucyharper123

Dec 16, 2012
    [​IMG] my eggs set hatching on the 26 but some earlier [​IMG]

6. starlingsbaby

starlingsbaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2012
    Lawtey Florida
    my baby made it and is now thriving. and i have since than hatched out over 50 chicks all a success. i am not sure on the power outage but i will hope u keep me updated and thanks for your kind words. here is a recent pic of one of my babies that turned out to have cross beak and i am so not sure how to care for it any suggestrions?[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by