Setting eggs 3/15/14 - Who is with me?

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by CoopDeDoo, Mar 12, 2014.

1. CoopDeDoo

CoopDeDoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2011
    NW Washington State
    I will be setting Ameraucana, Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks and BBS Jersey giant eggs this Saturday. My first ever hatch so I'm hoping for some company [​IMG]

Lori

2. Welshchick

Welshchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, I've set eggs today so I would like to join you. I've set 6 Brahma chicken eggs, 6 Wynadotte chicken eggs and 6 white Campbell duck eggs. My first hatch of the year so fingers crossed.

3. wlhtx

wlhtx Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2012
    East Texas
    I'll jump in too! I already have 5 goose eggs in, but I'm setting 39 Swedish Flower Hen eggs this afternoon. These are my first hatches ever, too - so I'm excited!!

4. CoopDeDoo

Feb 8, 2011
    NW Washington State
    Yay! That will is a nice selection. [​IMG]

5. CoopDeDoo

Feb 8, 2011
    NW Washington State
    I was about to say 39 eggs - yikes but I think I will be setting about that many! How did that happen when I only want 6 hens??[​IMG]

6. wlhtx

Jun 14, 2012
    East Texas
    Well, the kicker is I only bought 18. That was the plan. But the breeder I got them from has eggs running out of her ears and she doesn't want them wasted - so i paid for 18, but got 39! Who am I to turn down such generosity?!?... :)

7. Joshua G

Joshua G Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Hixson, TN
    I just helped my brother set +50 duck eggs today, may I join?

8. wlhtx

Jun 14, 2012
    East Texas
    I just set mine about 3 hours ago, so I'm not exactly following the thread title either... Hope that's okay!

9. Roxannemc

Roxannemc Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    SE Missouri
    Hi All
    i set my first Silkie eggs from my paint silkies and some EE eggs Went to turn tonite and theres a stinker have to smell each and get the bad one out.
    This is my first hatch since last June ...C ouldnt wait!My Silkies are all paints but dont know their backgrounds so excited to see what i get.
    ..For those that its your very first hatch let me tell you its as addicting as heroin
    Really hard to stop because its so exciting ..especially the last few days
    Good luck to you all Hope you get some little fuzzy babies in the end but do or dont its a wild trip.

10. ThreeLittleCritters

ThreeLittleCritters Out Of The Brooder

Dec 15, 2011
    Athens, GA
    Hi! May I join? I set eggs this morning. It's my first hatch too! I have 12 EE and 12 barn yard mix (Golden sex link rooster with golden sex link hen, barred rock hen and naked neck hen. Can't wait to see what these babies look like!). The kids and I are so excited! Here's to hoping I don't kill them! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by