Setting Eggs 3/7 Anyone with me!?

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by AlabamaChick88, Mar 3, 2014.

1. AlabamaChick88

AlabamaChick88 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2014
    Pinckard, AL
    New to posting on the Forum, but long time reader!

Got my first incubator for Valentine's Day (yes, I DO have the best husband EVER, he's my enabler) and I currently have some of our own eggs in it, due to hatch Wednesday-Thursday. Currently looks like 4 out of 6 eggs are going to hatch as of today at lock-down.

Just purchased some speckled Sussex Eggs on ebay to set on Friday. Need a hatching buddy! And someone to keep me from candling eggs EVERY DAY... I'm an obsessive candler.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. HenchantedAcres

HenchantedAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2013
    Florida
    Hi,
    I just put 29 eggs in my bator today. My eggs would be 3 days ahead of yours. Mine are shipped eggs from byc folks. :D

3. Egg Thief

Egg Thief Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2014
    My mom says i cant set a chicken until 2 more weeks! But im with ya

4. lghrnlvr

lghrnlvr Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2013
    orangeburg sc
    i just set 34 eggs today and will stick another 5 in tomorrow. i have a mix of EE and white leghorns with a light Brahma rooster.

5. AlabamaChick88

AlabamaChick88 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 3, 2014
    Pinckard, AL
    Great yall! I just received my speckled sussex eggs today in the mail! They will be resting for 2 days while we wait on our current eggs to hatch! Looks like I have one egg pipped so far! So maybe I'll get these guys hatched and in to the brooder before the end of the day tomorrow!

6. jengro65

jengro65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Morgantown, WV
    Howdy!! I'd like to join up:)
    I'm setting 24 eggs tonight, 6 welsummer, 8 BBS Orpingtons and 10 Lavender Orpingtons. All but 3 are shipped and I'm so excited!
    I've only incubated eggs on 2 other attempts but my hatch rate has been pretty low. I'm hoping the "the third times a charm" :).... That and the fact that I splurged and got a new incubator...lol
    Jen

7. lghrnlvr

lghrnlvr Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2013
    orangeburg sc
    I'm have 32 eggs in the incubator. I was candling them and dropped an egg on another one and cracked both :-(
    I'm in the process of building a second incubator now. I just picked up 10 sizzles and 9 GLW eggs. They will be set tomorrow

8. OR4-hmom

OR4-hmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Grants Pass, OR
    Interested in a straggler joining in? My eggs are probably being shipped today or tomorrow so I'm still a couple of days away from setting.

9. jengro65

jengro65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2011
    Morgantown, WV
    The more the merrier:) I can't believe I still have 4 more days to wait until I candle!!!.....lol...I'm determined to go by the book this time

10. HenchantedAcres

HenchantedAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2013
    Florida
    I am on day 7 of 14 welsummer and 15 ameracauna eggs. So far only about half look good. They are shipped eggs. I weighed them all tonight. The Welsummers are on schedule with an average 5% weight loss! but my ameracauna eggs are at 6-7% weight loss. They are in the same incubator. I went ahead and added some water to the well. Last hatch I did a completely dry hatch with good results. I guess the lighter ameracauna eggs lose moisture faster?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by