Setting eggs, anyone want to join me? Hatch-Along

I've got 3 leghorns eggs, 1 banty orp egg, 5 jersey eggs , 1 brahma egg , 2 barred rock eggs<<<< I have yet to get my barred rock eggs to hatch, they seem to die before the yoke gets into the body....my barred rock girl is older and gives me an egg every once in a while so I was hopeing for a few babies from her,

I have EE's. My hen's aren't broody sooo. I had to impervise! ;) and thank you.

I just :love EEs! I really wanted a broody too, so I wouldn't have to brood in my house. After these chicks hatch, all of my hens will go broody, just wait -n- see!
I've got 3 leghorns eggs, 1 banty orp egg, 5  jersey eggs , 1 brahma egg , 2 barred rock eggs<<<< I have yet to get my barred rock eggs to hatch, they seem to die before the yoke gets into the body....my barred rock girl is older and gives me an egg every once in a while so I was hopeing for a few babies from her,

That's going to be a fantastic mix! When I had Leghorns, I adored them, they were such personable little birds and excellent layers! I hope you get some chicks from your BR. I had an older girl whom I really liked, but couldn't ever get her eggs to hatch either :(
just put 8 ee n 1 ss egggs in the inc its my first time so wish me some luck

:fl Good luck to you! Welcome to the thread, keep us all updated on your peepers progress!

@ howfunkyisyourchicken - I know! Me to my two hens that are laying are a cream partridge color and the other is blue with orange lacing. The cream hen lays a pale mint colored egg and my blue lays a pretty sky blue egg. They were both covered by my blue wheaten rooster that looks like he's got barred rock in him cause he's slightly barred! He's also got a buttercup comb. Haha. All my girls though have the pea comb.

@ BeckyB1971 - its my second attempt first batch all died early at day 5-6 :/ BUT I have my next batch in and they are doing great! Also good luck hun!

Well I guess I'd like to join. I have just put 31 eggs in right now and tomorrow I will be putting in 20 more. I have 7 Olive Eggers, 9 Cochin and or Silkie, 15 Silkies, and 20 silkie eggs that just came in the mail today. The first 31 are from my flock. I am so excited to see what actually ends up hatching!!
celebrate.gif

I set 21 eggs on the 7th. 6 were shipped and took 4 days to arrive
sad.png
, I set them anyway. The rest are test eggs from a young cockerel.
cool.png

I just set my eggs tonight. :D

All are from my flock of breeds, just not the same breeds. So I'm making mutts. I'm good with that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom