Setting Eggs for the first time tomorrow 4/22

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by stargazerlabs, Apr 21, 2012.

1. stargazerlabs

stargazerlabs Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2012
    New Hampshire
    I am new to the BYC family. My sister just gave me a humidaire incubator tonight. I have been saving my fertile egss for 4 days. I am planning on setting them in the morning. I am pretty excited. [​IMG] Is anyone else setting eggs tomorrow?

2. judsenn

judsenn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2012
    Well, I set my eggs on the 18, but mine are turkey eggs so mine will take longer, yours will probably hatch a few days before mine. [​IMG]

3. stargazerlabs

Apr 13, 2012
    New Hampshire
    That is exciting. Matbe I will try turkeys someday.... still very new and loving this forum.

4. judsenn

Apr 11, 2012
    How are your eggs doing?

5. stargazerlabs

Apr 13, 2012
    New Hampshire
    They are doing awesome! Only 8 o so more days of waiting. How are your Turkey eggs doing? when are they due to hatch?

6. judsenn

Apr 11, 2012
    Time is taking FOREVER. haha...but not as long as it's going to be during hatch day. [​IMG] Out of my 14 turkey eggs, 1 wasn't fertile, and the 2 others had bloodrings after day 10. So, I'm down to 11. But on the 7th day I added 12 Silkie eggs, only 7 were fertile. So altogether I have 18 eggs hoping to hatch in about 12 days. [​IMG]

7. stargazerlabs

Apr 13, 2012
    New Hampshire
    Awesome! We just candled ours and we could actually make out the toes on some of them. That was amazing. I know it is going to be torture waiting for them to hatch.

8. stargazerlabs

Apr 13, 2012
    New Hampshire
    By the way I started out with 18 and have 12 left. It was a bummer. but still very excited about the 12. I didn't know what I was going to do with 18 more chickens, so 12 is good! I have 8 bantam eggs and 4 rir. I am giving the 8 bantams to a friend of mine who has a farm. I'll keep the RIR's

9. judsenn

Apr 11, 2012
    I know with my last batch a minute seemed like an hour during hatch time! [​IMG] After your hatch are you going to incubate more? I just added more turkey eggs last night, but they are blue slate not black spanish, so now I have a total of 25. I have a new incubator due to arrive tomorrow so that'll help with multiple hatches. I got 16 mixed chicken eggs from a friend yesterday but I probably won't set those until the new bator comes. He's curious to know how many are fertile. I have a feeling we will be glued to our incubators and computer in about a week checking each others status. haha. [​IMG]

10. rahul2299

rahul2299 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 18, 2012
    India
    I also set on 22 april.. 10 no of eggs. But later found only 5 having life sign... I m with u

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by