Setting eggs july 13 anyone else setting today, I need a buddy

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by builderone, Jul 13, 2011.

1. builderone

builderone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    I put about 20 eggs in the bator this morning they are black austalorpe eggs. I am not sure if they are fertile but I guess I will find out. [​IMG] If anyone else is setting jump in. This is my first time and it would be handy to go through the steps with someone else. [​IMG]
    Chad

2. Bugg

Bugg Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2011
    East Orlando
    I'm in. Just starting a small batch.

6 in yesterday and added 3 more today. These are the last 4 from a large white rooster. Also 3 from young red rooster. last 2 could be from either.

new member, lurked for months, Bugg

3. DixieChickie

DixieChickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    VA
    I already had 4 in...but just stuck in a 5th, because we went to town this morning and when we got back there was an egg in the nest box.......it's about 100 today so felt with the heat and the fact that it was out there all morning in the heat I thought it might have already started to develop. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. kellyatric

kellyatric Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2011
    England
    I put 6 eggs in yesterday for the first time [​IMG]. Whilst i'm opimistic, I think i am having problems as the humidity is reading 70% and i haven't added any water yet. Have calibrated the meter and it's correct so i'm worried now [​IMG]

5. builderone

builderone Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    I am glad you guys joined in. My temp is 99.5 now. I don't have my humidity thing yet I ordered it so it should be here in a few days I hope.
    Chad

6. audrey02026

audrey02026 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Dedham, Ma
    Im going to be putting in 7 chicken eggs tomorrow. First time for me hope all goes well for me and everyone else!!

7. chikinwing

chikinwing Out Of The Brooder

Jun 30, 2009
    I will hatch along with you! I just received my hatching eggs in the mail today from MPC. I ordered an assortment of 6 eggs (Orpington, Maran, EE, and Australorp) they were kind enough to send me 3 extra at no cost. So I'll be setting 9 eggs tomorrow in the hovabator. We will see how my shipped eggs fare.

8. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Me too! I want in. Set 24 eggs about 2 hrs ago. I'm hatching for someone else, but I get to keep a few if I want. These are Polish, Polish Frizzle, and one Silkie. Also, just installed a computer fan into my still air so we'll see how it goes. After removing non-fertiles, I hatched 21 out of 21, then 19 out of 21 this last time. By hatching for others, I don't end up with too many chickens of my own.

9. Backwoods Bntms

Backwoods Bntms Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Northern Virginia
    I added 33 oegb eggs on the 12th.

10. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    I have my own post going, but I set 44 bantam Cochin eggs yesterday and 12 today. This is my first hatch as well!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by