setting eggs on Thurs. Hatch date Feb 4th-who's with me??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sonew123, Jan 11, 2010.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Here I go again:) The eggs should arrive-sit for 24 hours then in bator I have yet to bleach tonight! WHos with me and what are you hatching ( how many eggs?)

I have white orps 6
    buff orps 6
    jubilee orps a few
    FBCM 6 few
    Amaracaunas a few
    Aracaunas 3 few
    split lav silkies I have 3 I collected hoping for another 3-4 before Thursday night-
    white silkie eggs a few
    2 mystery eggs from shipper

phew thats it for this hatch I only ordered 3-6 eggs of each because of costs so Im praying PRAYING to get a 1 roo and 1 pullet from each group-Im not expecting much am I?? LOL

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  2. blessedchickenmama7

blessedchickenmama7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Western NC
    Well, not in this hatch, but following!

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:sweet-that will be so cool to do it together!!! Ill do another after this next batch is done-Im shooting for all silkie eggs-by then my pure standard cochin breeders will be pure so those will go in too:) dang maybe more olive eggs and EE's too...I need to stop I tell yah--you need to slap MY HAND!!!

4. blessedchickenmama7

May 12, 2008
    Western NC
    I want to get more from you when I get done with this batch.

I read some where that as chicks develop they can cause the fluctuations in temp in a bator. Have you heard that? I looked at so much stuff I can't remember where I saw it. Did you see my thread about the oozer? Tell me what you think.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:I did read that-Im a reader too LOL... also when they hatch out the humidity shoot ups from all the moisture in the egg and on the chick-

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:you just need to tell me what you want so I dont sell them off...Im such a dork I sold half the stuff I wanted to set this Thursday!!! I just sent out 9 olive eggs today:) I just feel so good selling off all eggs I get from the "girls" at least they are being used to make babies and not eaten. I eat all the brown eggs but never the blues/greens/olive/silkies-and now notthe cochin pen either That roo in there is 11-12 lbs and such a sweet boy..

7. blessedchickenmama7

May 12, 2008
    Western NC
    Quote:you just need to tell me what you want so I dont sell them off...Im such a dork I sold half the stuff I wanted to set this Thursday!!! I just sent out 9 olive eggs today:) I just feel so good selling off all eggs I get from the "girls" at least they are being used to make babies and not eaten. I eat all the brown eggs but never the blues/greens/olive/silkies-and now notthe cochin pen either That roo in there is 11-12 lbs and such a sweet boy..

I want to see what hatches, if anything does after the temp thing from the hatch I have going now. Today was day 6. But I definitely want some more olives. And probably some silkies. I've never had them but reading about their natural broodiness, I want some. I would love to hatch some babies out naturally, too.

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY

I want to see what hatches, if anything does after the temp thing from the hatch I have going now. Today was day 6. But I definitely want some more olives. And probably some silkies. I've never had them but reading about their natural broodiness, I want some. I would love to hatch some babies out naturally, too.

well let me tell you my best silkie girl has gone broody twice in the last 6 months-she's my best egg layer:-( SO everyday I just pick her up and hope and pray there is and egg or two under her! somedays yes-somedays -like today-nope:-( Im taking all her eggs until Thursday to hatch.

9. Barred Rocker

Barred Rocker cracked egg

Jul 15, 2009
    King and Queen Co, Va
    I've got a silkie/RIR that's gone first time broody so I stuck some of my BR and BO eggs under her. I have no idea if anythings going to come of it. They just started laying a few weeks ago. When I cracked a few some were fertile some weren't. We'll see if anything happens on Feb 2!

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:thats cool-I have yet to use a broody..I think If I do Ill wait till summer-usually by summer Im done hatching and incubting though..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by