Setting eggs this weekend, Feb. 9\10. Who's with me?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PoultryGirly, Feb 7, 2013.

1. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    This will be my very first hatch so I'm gonna need some advice along the way. I'm probably setting around10 mixed-breed eggs. Anyone want to join me?

2. Peggy-Sue

Peggy-Sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    We'll be setting 12 tomorrow! We have a mix of 5 barred rocks, 2 welsummers, 2 golden lakenvelders, 2 blue laced red wyandotte, and maybe 1 french black cooper maran.

3. Pancholoco

Pancholoco Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2012
    Sin, MX. now CA.
    I wish, I wish but I can't be with you guys.

4. KelleyP83

KelleyP83 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2013
    West Hattiesburg, MS
    Me, too! Well, I'm actually planning to start on Saturday, so I'm totally getting a big jump on your start ;)

This is not only my first hatch, but (hopefully!) my first chickens. I was planning to get a "toddler" or "child" chicken first, but my mother in law had to make a surprise visit to town for business and brought me some of her fertilized eggs. I have everything all ready for hatching/hatchlings, just anticipated starting with a less fragile age the first time out. I'm so excited!

I will be "planting" my six eggs in the incubator on Saturday afternoon. I've now done so much research I'm terrified I'm going to mess it up when, in reality, I think the only way to mess up egg hatching in south Mississippi is to overthink the process, lol.

Good luck!

5. PoultryGirly

PoultryGirly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Yay! Keep us posted everyone!

6. Peggy-Sue

Peggy-Sue Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    Put ours in this morning!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by