Setting eggs today! (10-11-10) Anyone Else??? pic added pg 8

jenlynn4

Songster
13 Years
Jan 12, 2007
PA
I finally decided to just break down and buy a cheap foam incubator till I can get a good cabnet one in the spring. I use to be able to hatch well out of them when I used them before (like 5 years ago) so we will see how it goes! Anyone Else planning on setting eggs today?

Last edited:
I'm setting 12 eggs in my new Genesis 1588. I separated my barred rocks hoping to get pure birds, but my patience ran out. Some of them were pullets and the eggs were too small, yet others were wonky shaped. I broke down last night and grabbed twelve eggs from the main coop, and will be happy with little mutts. I just can't wait any longer!!

I set 16 eggs last night
pop.gif
...I have been using a homemade incubator made form a styrofoam cooler from the dollar store. It has been working pretty well.
clap.gif
Im really eggcited about these eggs. I have been drooling
droolin.gif
over the BLRW and now I hope to have some of my own.
fl.gif

Good Luck with yours!

YIPPEE!! At least I know I am not the only one who will have chicks in the colder weather! LOL Good thing I have a heated shed to keep them in this year, otherwise they would end up in my house again! LOL
big_smile.png

I just recieved a Genesis 1588 with auto turner yesterday for my birthday. Haven't even taken it out of the box yet. Looking forward to getting some eggs going.

I should be getting some tomorrow. My mail comes early, will wait until night to set them. Getting them from a lady here on BYC. They will Blue, Splash, and possibly black Marans. Her birds look beautiful. I love the color of the egg.
Who said they were hatching out BLRW? I had a beautiful girl years ago..sweet, sweet birds. Beautiful in color.
I also have some Welsummers coming. Yep, two incubators will be going, and I have always used the 1588..works great. I have really good hatches.
So, here we go..I'll have to keep an eye on this post. Here's to my eggs arriving on time..tomorrow..
fl.gif

well, its been quite a while since I incubated eggs so I am excited. I just hope I get a good hatch.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom