Setting eggs today (3/30) anyone else???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lucyboo, Mar 30, 2012.

1. lucyboo

lucyboo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hey,
    Just want to know how many people are setting eggs today?
    I have 12 under my broody hen Robin!
    Im sooooooooo excited!!!
    <3 kelsey

2. onealkathleen

onealkathleen New Egg

Oct 29, 2008
    Also setting eggs under two hens - one a blue silkie and one a barred rock - both bantams. Setting Ameracuna and Marin eggs - one group under each - so excited - will keep in touch..

3. lucyboo

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    Ok cool! My broody is a barred rock too!
    I have NO idea what breeds I got in the eggs since I got them from a friends farm but I think one is a White leghorn from the looks of the egg.
    <3 kelsey

4. xChickiex

xChickiex Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2012
    east tn
    I set 3, a standard bronze turkey, mixed duck, and a standard polish. All in incubator. We have one incubator specifically set up for staggered hatches since we dont have that many predictable layers.

5. lucyboo

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    Oh ok cool. How many hens do you have? We have 12 and they lay on a regular basis but sometimes we only get like 3 maybe 4 every couple days hahaha.
    <3 kelsey

6. lucyboo

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    How is everyone's eggs doing??? Any eggs duds yet? We have 2 more weeks!!!!
    <3 kelsey

7. lucyboo

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    Only 5 more days!!!!! No one has updated at all and I was just wanting to know how everyone is doing????
    <3 kelsey

8. mkcolls

mkcolls Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    Ohio
    I missed you on the 30th. Is it OK to join?

We have 11 eggs under a broody hen (her first brood) set on 3/30. She started with 12, but bumped one out. Seven are EE mixes, the other 4 are barnyard surprises.

We had to move her from her selected nest site, four feet off the floor. She was not a happy broody, but she has recovered and is safely confined in our broody pen inside the coop.

No lockdown for us this time just a watchful eye on our broody.

Good luck everyone.

9. lucyboo

May 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hey! Yea of course you can join! We have a brrody hen too with 14 eggs now (we got two more the same day we set) and tomorrow is day 18 yay!!! I'm glad you found the post and look forward to pics of those addorable fuzzy butts!
    <3 kelsey

10. mkcolls

mkcolls Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    Ohio
    I realized that three of the four eggs laid in our last broody's nest, while she was was off taking care of her personal business, we marked 3/30. So we have lockdown on the incubator for those eggs.

Our current broody is in the zone, not leaving the nest, but if we spend too much time even looking at her she screeches at us, "LEAVE ME ALONE". lol

I'm trying not to be too antsy, but I'm ready for new chicks, the others are 3 weeks old and growing so fast. Let the pipping begin!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by