Setting eggs tomorrow!!! 3-29-12 who's with me!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Poultrybonkers, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm setting a dozen marans a couple EEs a few ameraucana lavender Orpington australorps and barred rocks

2. Montanna

Montanna Out Of The Brooder

I am setting 24 eggs from my hens, which are RI Reds, Buff Orpingtons, Easter Eggers, Australorps, what ever they laid for the days I was collecting, is what I am setting. The incubator is warming up right now, has been for a few days, so will start the eggs tomorrow, Wish me luck, I have not hatched for a couple years, I got chicks last year.

3. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    My incubators been on for a few days to! I hatched in October but only 3 hatched out of 9. Good luck!!

4. Montanna

When do you think is the best time of day to set the eggs? Just curious as to what others think.

Thanks,
    Skeeter

5. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    I'll be setting my 9:00 am. Since that will be 24 hours after they sit I got them from mypetchicken.

6. Montanna

I posted a question, but not sure where it went. so will ask again. When do you turn the eggs for the first time, after putting them in the incubator? Can't seem to remember from a couple years ago.

My 24 eggs are in the bator, we have started our vigil!
    Thanks,
    Skeeter

7. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    When you put the eggs in say morning you turn them at night then again in the morning and etc. some say your suppose to turn them 3 times a day when I turned mine I did it twice and they hatched now I have a egg turner. I set mine at 10 am today mu humidity is at 50 can't remember what the humidity should be. :)

8. gaitedgrl

gaitedgrl Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    I set 28 eggs today. First time ever so I am hoping that this goes well. Half are from our mixed flock and the other half I purchased. I purchesed some EE, marans, blue orp, ameraucana and a few others but can't remember. I hope this goes well. My two year old was super excited this morning putting the eggs in the incubator.

9. Montanna

The incubator will go into lock-down tomorrow. Day 18, not sure what we got or if we got anything. I tried to candle a couple of them, but I don't know what I am looking at, or for. So it is what it is!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by