Setting Eggs Tomorrow Morning 11/5 - Anyone Else??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PamB, Nov 5, 2010.

1. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Hi All!! I'm setting eggs for the very first time in my brand new incubator tomorrow morning. I only have 4 Red Silkie eggs, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. For those of you that haven't seen my other posts, I had a broody hen that I ordered the eggs for because I couldn't break her and she just decided she is no longer broody. So, the eggs came today and I ran out tonight and bought an incubator. Anyone else setting eggs tomorrow???

2. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Im Setting eggs today or tomorrow!

3. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Great!! I'd like some company during this. I'm a little nervous since it is the first time for me. What kind of eggs are you hatching?

4. sloallie10

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Im a first timer too!
    Well I actually set 12 eggs on the 31st and i have another incubator right now heating up.
    Im setting 16 eggs that are all mixes..the roos are: white silkie, EE, game, black faced white spanish.
    Hens: EEs, silkies, BO, RIR, a few mixes, and leghorns.

I am very excited!

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

I filled up two Octagon20 incubators late last night for an official "set date" of today. 18 eggs in one, 19 in the other. I've already got one Octagon20 "cooking" with 9 eggs due to hatch 11/12. (And 3 MiniAdvances with 7 eggs apiece, but they're "old" shipped eggs I miscalculated on the arrival date and didn't have incubator space for a while.... I don't expect any of those 21 eggs to hatch, but I couldn't just throw them away! Gotta give 'em a chance...)

Plus 7 duck eggs due to hatch on 11/18.

So that's 37 assorted, shipped eggs on the same schedule as yours. We can do this together!

6. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    I'm so happy to have people to do this with!

Linda, you KNOW I'll have lots of questions. [​IMG]

7. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    I put 13 eggs in the incubator yesterday too. They are rir br crosses from my chickens. Hope they are all fertile. I know I have caught our roo mating with some of them. Did it just to see what they would look like and because they are from our own.

8. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Quote:Good luck!!!

9. Engteacher

Engteacher Poultry, Poetry, and Prose

Sep 1, 2009
    Hastings, MN
    I set three eggs under my clearly determined broody. I'm not sure if she'll be able to see it through; she only started laying in September. But since she won't get out of the nest box, it seemed like the best thing to do.

10. sloallie10

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Ok, so i set my eggs today! Im very excited and I have a automatic egg turner so im very happy with that! Also Im going to candle my eggs that I set last sunday on the 31st. Im kinda nervous...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by