Hatch-Along - Setting eggs week of Feb 4th..anyone else?

I just set 18 eggs today. They come from a mixed flock of Americana and BCM. So hopefully I will have a nice variety of pure breeds and olive eggers :)

I set 20 eggs on Saturday as well.
These are Wheaten Marans and we can't wait!

The egg on the far right is from our buff orpington, That's the color we used to call brown before we got Marans!

Here they are in the oven:

And here's dad with the mommas going after an apple on a string:

Setting tonight! Here's my mixed batch of EE. The hens who laid these include a crazy assortment of pretty much everything mixed with an Ameraucana daddy. THEIR babies were fertilized by an Ameraucana cross, or a ISA brown / Brown leghorn cross daddy. (or, if he was determined enough, a spunky OEGB! LOL!)

I SO love all the colours!

I really hope this batch works out for us. The last batch all quit at day 3. I have no idea what happened, but they all looked like this

Anyone have any ideas, so I don't screw up again?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!
wee.gif
pop.gif

Hatching in my classroom. We have 2 dozen Polish eggs ordered. They should be delivered on Wednesday or Thursday. :)
The incubator is set up with the fan circulating, the automatic egg turner ready, and the digital temp/humidity ready... :) My fifth graders could not be more excited! (Let's face it... their teacher is pretty stinking excited too!)

Hatching in my classroom. We have 2 dozen Polish eggs ordered. They should be delivered on Wednesday or Thursday. :) 
The incubator is set up with the fan circulating, the automatic egg turner ready, and the digital temp/humidity ready... :) My fifth graders could not be more excited! (Let's face it... their teacher is pretty stinking excited too!) 

Haha nice save at the end, we all know this hatch ISN'T for your fifth graders! :weee

I really hope this batch works out for us. The last batch all quit at day 3. I have no idea what happened, but they all looked like this

Anyone have any ideas, so I don't screw up again?

Maybe the picture isn't clear enough, but that sure doesn't look day 3 to me. Do you have any other pictures? I'd like to help if I can.

Setting 8 eggs today. This'll be a test hatch of some muttly-type birds. I messed up my last hatch, & only got two chicks out of a dozen eggs.
Here's hoping i get the dang humidity right this time!

Setting 8 eggs today. This'll be a test hatch of some muttly-type birds. I messed up my last hatch, & only got two chicks out of a dozen eggs.
Here's hoping i get the dang humidity right this time!
Are you using a scale for tracking moisture loss or a chart for air cell sizes? That's the only way to go when it comes to humidity. When I first started hatching, I had a few failed batches because of incorrect humidity levels.

Hi there!!!! Very new to this forum and also first time hatcher. My kids and I built our own incubator and we set 4 random eggs we got from a friend. We're hoping to have some success from these eggs as I ordered some Buff Orpington and Silkie eggs that will arrive the first week of march. So I guess you could say this is our test hatch. I'm really excited to see what's going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom