Hatch-Along - Setting eggs week of February 8th!! Who's joining me?

I still only have 6 EE eggs so I'm going to hold off until Sunday or Monday to set eggs. I didn't get one EE egg yesterday from 4 hens. Maybe I'll get 4 today. I do have other eggs but I'm really only wanting pure EE right now.

Yesterday I set the buff orpington eggs, and as soon as it gets light, I'm going outside to get some mixes and a duck egg to set today. I also decided to do a little experiment. I wanted chicks from a particular hen, but she's been broody for a few weeks, so I pulled some eggs out of the refridgerator. I read that someone actually managed to hatch eggs a month old before - but those were stored in optimum conditions. Mine certainly weren't, so I'm expecting nothing and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Who knows.

Yesterday I set the buff orpington eggs, and as soon as it gets light, I'm going outside to get some mixes and a duck egg to set today. I also decided to do a little experiment. I wanted chicks from a particular hen, but she's been broody for a few weeks, so I pulled some eggs out of the refridgerator. I read that someone actually managed to hatch eggs a month old before - but those were stored in optimum conditions. Mine certainly weren't, so I'm expecting nothing and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised. Who knows.

You know I was thinking about doing that too, and since you are brave enough I think I'm going to go get some from my fridge too. I only have 8 EE eggs to set, my girls are still on winter break and are hit and miss. I have some EE in the fridge that I have also washed. Boy wouldn't it be something if our fridge eggs hatch.
fl.gif

2 weeks in frig might be pushing it.

Yep, and they were washed. I saw where a girl had refrigerated turkey eggs for a month and they all hatched. I don't know if they were washed. I'm really not expecting them to hatch, but if they do I'll get a surprise. I'm going to candle tonight to see how the air cells are. If I can find my flashlights that is. My son likes to "borrow" them.

tongue.png
I just set 20 rir eggs. This is the 3rd day but nothing yet. Air cell doing good. See the yoke. But that's it. I just need not mess with them till Wednesday. But I can't help myself. Only candle like 1 or 2. My first time you know. HAHAHAHA

I'm game, I put in some mixed bantams and a dozen barred rock chickens,wo silver sebright eggs on Feb. 9th (my birthday). I will be addin about a dozen rhode island red eggs and about 1/2 dozen mille flèur d'uccle eggs. Fingers crossed and good luck to every one.

Don

I'm game, I put in some mixed bantams and a dozen barred rock chickens,wo silver sebright eggs on Feb. 9th (my birthday). I will be addin about a dozen rhode island red eggs and about 1/2 dozen mille flèur d'uccle eggs. Fingers crossed and good luck to every one.

Don

Back
Top Bottom