setting eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DURR, Jan 1, 2013.

1. DURR

DURR Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    Screven, GA, US
    Ok so I have some eggs due to hatch by the sixth of jan. And my hens keep laying would it hurt to put those eggs in with the others or would the lock down harm them?

2. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    if you have a broody hen you can put it under her , but they will more likely break them.

3. DURR

DURR Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2012
    Screven, GA, US
    That's my main problem lol none of my hens are "broody" they lay where they want and they're done haha. Unfortunatly I candle all the eggs today most of them have no movement and a couple "roll" when I turn the egg to get a better look but look like they are "blood ringed". I'm to scared to crack one just in case lol. I'm so excited about this hatch but none of my eggs seem to be alive but then again its hard to see through my EE's eggs. :/ I guess I'm at a loss. Hopefully these two I put in will develop right. The one I set 3-4 days ago has a noticable spot forming in the yolk but not to dark like I thought it'd be. I'm going to try to get a brighter round pen light. I'm using my husbands LED head lamp for the woods its small but rectangle like so its hard to get the light where I need it. UGH. Haha.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by