1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

setting in one and hatching in another

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ladyfaeden, Dec 15, 2011.

1. ladyfaeden

ladyfaeden Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    St. Helens, Oregon
    I have 2 Styrofoam incubators. One is a wafer thermostat and the other is digital. I've got eggs in one now and wondered if I can eggs to it once a week and hatch in the other, or will the temp drop be too much?

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Quote:The temperature should be the same in both of them. I use different bators.... one to incubate and one to hatch. The one I incubate in, I can add eggs at any time. I move them into the hatcher (the second incubator) on day 18 (if I remember [​IMG]).

3. ladyfaeden

ladyfaeden Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2011
    St. Helens, Oregon
    Hi, The temp drop I was refering to is the one that seems to occur for about 6 hours every time I add a bunch of new eggs. My new bator has a fan. I'm guessing it should get back up to temp faster?

4. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Yes, the one with the fan should get back to temp faster. That's the one I'd use as the incubator and use the still air as the hatcher. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by