Setting Silkies

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hollymh, Feb 17, 2009.

1. hollymh

hollymh *A Scrambled Egg*

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    I have found a nice lady here in Guam that has pure silkies and she offered her eggs that she collects this week to me,I don't know how many, but I have until Fri. SO just curious about anything silkie related, i.e. how easy they are to incubate and what not! Anything on them would be greatly apprciated!

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  2. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    Anyone?!

3. L*A*G*

L*A*G* Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2008
    planet chicken
    i ordered silkie eggs from chickenzoo and they will hatch on the 19th!!!!
    i don't know wut u mean about "r they easy to incubate" unless u r thinking that their r too small. and their're not. [​IMG]
    i imagen them being like people tell me a lap chicken. lol

4. CindyS

CindyS Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Geneseo, Illinois
    They are easy to incubate! Id get them if I were you!

5. hollymh

Feb 8, 2009
    Texas
    *L*A*G* :

i ordered silkie eggs from chickenzoo and they will hatch on the 19th!!!!
    i don't know wut u mean about "r they easy to incubate" unless u r thinking that their r too small. and their're not. [​IMG]
    i imagen them being like people tell me a lap chicken. lol

Yea lol I was just wondering if they had difficulties b/c they were small. I can't wait, I'm setting them Fri. pm so hopefull Fri. around March 6th we will have some baby silkies; it's the only other breed on the island so I'm eggcited to have something different [​IMG]

6. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Silkies are sooo much fun.. I would definately get them. I think they are easy to incubate as any other eggs. They are very gentle too.. Good Luck!

7. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    I ordered my hatching eggs from Dipsy doodle doo and they should be here tomorrow yes Silkies are small
    real beautys. no problems Iheard of.
    I

8. Farm Frenzy

Farm Frenzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Oak Hill, Florida
    I LOVE my silkie's, and they are very "easy" to incubate. Actually in my opinion they are they easiest to see through to when you candle. Now I'm comparing them to the Barred Rocks and Jersey Giant's and EE that I also have in my "bator of love". Also think of it like this, they are so much smaller than regular eggs, you can fit that much more in your incubator. hee hee.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by