1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

setting today 9/15/11 - anyone else?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by HathawayHens, Sep 15, 2011.

1. HathawayHens

HathawayHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    DeLand, FL
    Hi all! Just got some shipped EE eggs from Bargain, will be setting them later today. Anyone else? I'm using a LG bator with fan kit and auto turner installed. [​IMG]

2. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Bargin in GA? I am going to their farm today to get some silkie hatching eggs...I will be setting tomorrow so i can join you then... [​IMG]

3. snyd08

snyd08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2011
    ill be setting 19 african harlequin eggs. sent from tony in NH. great guy. hope to have a good hatch.

4. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Hiya, we decided to let our first ever broody set on some eggs starting today. They'll be mutts most likely. Roos are Buff Orp and a black australorp. Hens are Buff orph, black australorp, 2 barred rocks, red sex link, rr red, silkie, blue laced r wynd., and sorta copper marans.

5. waitin on eggs

waitin on eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2010
    Spartansburg,PA
    I just set 11 EE eggs under my 1st ever broody buff orp . I removed the golf balls and placed the eggs and oh boy was she excited!!! Arranged them all carefully and hunkered right down.. Lol

6. HathawayHens

HathawayHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    DeLand, FL
    Excellent! This will be fun!!! And yes, the very same Bargain in GA (Nancy) [​IMG] Happy hatching everyone! (I secretly hope I have a hen go broody at some point so that I can give her some eggs. [​IMG]

7. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I was saving this spot for some Marans eggs, but that shipment was cancelled, so I set 18 eggs from my chickens today!

[​IMG] To that egg-man, I got my own! And mine are blue, so ha-ha!

Can you tell I'm just a little upset?

But a kind BYCer offered some Marans eggs, and I'm going to be making that trip next payday!

8. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    TedJan92 in Idaho

are setting some of my eggs, but I think it's 9/17 that they will set.... Praying you have an outstanding hatch...Will drop by from time to time to check on you:) Nancy

9. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    PS...we're using the broody because I'm so mean! I won't let DH buy an incubator. At 14, I believe our population is high enough for our backyard.

10. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

/blush

Well, I've been talking to the egg-seller and we decided on an assortment of Marans eggs. So I'll be getting a few FBCMs, and some Blue Coppers and Wheatens, too! Good thing I have another batch to move to the hatcher before they arrive...

*happy dance again*

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by