Setting tomorrow tonight (I think)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by TinyChickenLady, Aug 16, 2011.

1. TinyChickenLady

TinyChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

My last run of eggs didn't do so well. Ends up they were left outside too long before they were given to me so bacteria got to them. They are my neighbors chickens so I don't have too much control over the situation. But this time the chickens laid in MY coop so I know they're fresh. I have 6 right now. I still have 2 eggs (6 days overdue) sitting in my bator. I'm giving them until tomorrow night to do something (I don't think they will though) and then they're getting the heave and the new guys are going in. Wish me luck!

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Im wishing you luck! If you want I will be you hatching buddie I have 6 duck eggs that should be here next week.

3. TinyChickenLady

That would be great! I would love to finally have someone I can go to and say "This is sooooo frustrating!" and have them actually understand LoL

4. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Ok cool, so we have our own little hatching party! Thats cool. What kind of chicks are you hatching?

5. crazyeggs

crazyeggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Vermont
    I have some eggs coming (hopefully) by tomorrow. Can I join??

6. DUCKGIRL89

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I would say yes. Im two weeks until I get mine and she let me join. More people the better I say! Lol. What you hatching?

7. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I'd like to join too, I've been collecting Black Penedesenca eggs for about 5 days.
    I think I'll have about 25 that will be dark enough to incubate by tomorrow. Trouble is there's no way I can candle them.
    Wish I had a better incubator too - rehabbed little giant with no turner.

8. crazyeggs

crazyeggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    Vermont
    I have 12+ Lavender Orpingtons eggs coming [​IMG]

9. TinyChickenLady

Let's make a party of it! Everyone can join [​IMG]
    I'm hatching a mix from my neighbors. I think they're mostly Leghorns but I'm still learning my breeds so I could be way off. But they look like Leghorns. There could also be a few Americaunas and RIRs, too so I'm just playing the guessing game for now HaHa

10. TinyChickenLady

Oops I just looked and they are definately NOT white leghorns haha! I'll have to post a pic so I can get some help with them... I have no idea what they are I guess LoL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by