setting turkey, duck and peafowl eggs together...will this work?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by blkwdw, Jun 15, 2011.

1. blkwdw

blkwdw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2011
    I am getting some turkey eggs to incubate in a few days and my sister wants me to try to hatch some of her duck eggs..and, well, my uncle has a million peacocks, so I thought I might throw in a few of those eggs too ( figuratively speaking)
    Don't they all take 28 days to incubate? and would the only problem be, trying to have the humidity high enough in lockdown for the ducks?
    Any help would be appreciated, thanks

2. Saltysteele

Saltysteele Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    MI
    i am not familiar with hatching peafowl or ducks, but we have hatched chickens and turkeys together, just set the chickens in a week after setting the turkeys.

barring any phenomenon such as peafowl hatching and killing everything in the area, i don't see any reason why you couldn't (aside for the high humidity needed for duck eggs; i have heard of people sprinkling water on them, too).

sorry couldn't be of more help, but here's a bump to the top

3. blkwdw

May 29, 2011
    thanks for the input, so...peafowl are notorious for clearing out an area?

4. mitchell3006

mitchell3006 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    I have had trouble mixing dry birds and waterfowl eggs in the bator. I can't keep the humidity right for the chicken and turkey eggs without messing up the ducks. If I get the humidity up for the ducks I mess up my turkey and chick hatch. I would try to stick with peafowl and turkeys in one batch then ducks the next.

5. blkwdw

May 29, 2011
    Thanks for the input, I'll do them separately

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by