Setting up incubator, need help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by storminstaffs, Aug 24, 2010.

1. storminstaffs

storminstaffs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2008
    Durham, UK
    I've had this incubator over a year, i bought of ebay and it has no instructions

I've took pix of the temp and humidity reading's they've changed since 10 minutes ago though

This is the the incubator model, is it a still air incubator?
    [​IMG]

one reading
    [​IMG]

other reading
    [​IMG]

close up of the thermometer
    [​IMG]

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos...2_460532084679_517324679_6565214_223281_n.jpg

now the clarke temp/humidity is 37.7C and 48%

the reptile one's read temp 42C and 42% humidity, so how can i add humidity, could i put a wet paper towel on the bottom and the eggs on top? It the temp right if not how can i change it?

2. flowerpainter

flowerpainter Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2010
    I don't think putting a wet paper towel in direct contact with the eggs is a good Idea. I usually spritz my eggs lightly with a spray bottle and leave a damp towel next to the eggs that can be removed as needed. I am not sure on degrees C but it looked like you were at about 94 F and you need to keep 99.5 /102F I am not sure how you can raise the temp other then making sure the surrounding air is draft free and as warm as possible

3. LaurenM23

LaurenM23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    King George, VA
  4. storminstaffs

storminstaffs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2008
    Durham, UK
    Quote:if i put some wire mesh above the paper towel as a shelf would that be ok?

5. quail kid1

quail kid1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2010
    I had this incubator and i hatched several quails and ducks with great succes hatch. Yes it is a still air incubator.
    The bulb will flick off when the certain temp reached and then when it drops about half a degree or less it will flick on again.
    You can adjust the thermostat by the small button which has a line, I think right is + and left is - but im not sure, I think it showed you.
    If you need any more info just ask away!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by